• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wiring Harness questions/issues

Oh yeah, that does explain the wear on the steering wheel and why it felt like most of the maintance was "just get it to run and keep the AC blowing cold" My only question with it, and I couldn't find anything myself is. Would that be the source of the issue?
  2. Wiring Harness questions/issues

Well, in trying to check the ignition switch I found this little guy. Not too sure if this would cause the issue or not
  3. Wiring Harness questions/issues

Reconfirming with a set of better leads jammed into the fuse sockets I got the same result. Clearly being a low voltage situation, but I have no idea where to look to try and find where the issue is. I am really hoping I don't have to take apart my dash to chase a wire. Where else can I look to...
  4. Wiring Harness questions/issues

I only got a max of 0.033 with the voltmeter set to 20v. I'm not sure if I was hold the probes tightly enough against it, as the probes on that one is super short and it's difficult to hold em. But there was a spike in voltage when the key was moved to START
  5. Wiring Harness questions/issues

Currently out of light to work today, and the battery is down to 10v so it won't be able to work the starter until I try to jump it
  6. Wiring Harness questions/issues

Fuse 21 is fine, not seeing anything other then some wear on the contacts but that's it And okay, gotcha I thought it might have something to do with it. The battery is now reading 10 volts after all the testing I've tried today
  7. Wiring Harness questions/issues

And looking at the chart, there's a red/white wire for "Neutral Sense"
  8. Wiring Harness questions/issues

It never got to one volt. I don't know if that's because of way I'm using to test it, or if something's wrong
  9. Wiring Harness questions/issues

This is what I'm seeing
  10. Wiring Harness questions/issues

The dash lights up fine, only the airbag light flashes. I can test the pink wire here in a moment, have to find my voltmeter The harness did come with the engine however
  11. Wiring Harness questions/issues

Thinking about it, would it be any issue if the engine was from an 01 Explorer?
  12. Wiring Harness questions/issues

Would I need to tie in the red and white as well?
  13. Wiring Harness questions/issues

Doesn't work. Still nothing This is with a new starter that I've already taken to Autozone to test and it worked fine there
  14. Wiring Harness questions/issues

These two correct?
  15. Wiring Harness questions/issues

After finally getting to work on it, I had some more issues that I had to solve before I got back to this. Mostly being getting the engine to sit properly in the engine bay, and work being work. But after looking at this again and I was bashing my head trying to figure out why it wasn't working...
  16. Wiring Harness questions/issues

So then how who I get that to work then? And what about the output shaft sensor?
  17. Wiring Harness questions/issues

After looking back and comparing the two, and I'm seeing that I mainly need to figure out what the 8 pin connector does, and a way to merge/splice the reverse lamp sensor and the, I think, speed sensor into the harness. Would the same colored wires in the automatic harness be the same as the...
  18. Wiring Harness questions/issues

Just trying to ping ya again here to see if I could go and splice the wires together, or is there something else I need to do?
  19. Wiring Harness questions/issues

So the harness that is on the engine should be able to just plug into the transmission then or? Also I do have another, odd question with this project
  20. Wiring Harness questions/issues

Alright sorry for the long delay. Work got really hectic. But here's the part of the harness I was able to snag. Hopefully this can work, and if so what wires do I need to put this into?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad