• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. No sound from radio speakers - 1991 Ford F250

Hey guys, haven't posted in a long time, but i'm having a unique kind of problem with a truck i just purchased. It also plagued the previous two owners. 1991 Ford F-250, XLT. 351 Windsor and ZF Manual transmission, not that i think that would make a difference with this problem. The guy i got...
  2. Timing Chain / Casette Question

Hey friends, i apologize in advance if this question has been asked a million times, but Im seeking help about tackling this repair on my wife's 1998 Ford Explorer that has the 4.0 SOHC. I want the experts' honest opinion here on if replacing the casettes / tensioners, and chains (if...
  3. 98 Explorer SOHC - rough running, need help

Hi folks, My wife's 1998 Explorer 4.0 SOHC, 4X4, just hit 170,000 miles a few weeks ago, all was well up until that point. The engine runs smooth, has no motor noises at all. Still plenty of power, and it doesn't leak oil or use any fluids. Now that cold weather has arrived, it seems it has...
  4. Temperature Sending Unit (For gauge) Please help!

Hey folks: Working on a 1988 Ford F150 with the 4.9 6 cylinder. Few days ago the gauge stopped working correctly. The needle sets all the way to the far left, but when it warms up, it goes up to the first line where it says "C". Want to try replacing the temperature sending unit for the...
  5. Intermittant power loss / no acceleration

Hey guys - i've never posted a question on here dealing with Explorers, so this is my first one. My wife's explorer is a 1998, 4.0 SOHC, has 165,000 miles. We have had this car about 5 years and it has been great, 4X4 works, has been very dependable and reliable - the only thing i've had to do...
  6. Random Blue Smoke after freeway drive

Hey guys - I have a new to me 1983 F150 - that was a friend's grandpa's - who had to sell it because he had a stroke and couldn't drive anymore. Motor is a 302 - around 78,000 miles. Runs / idles great - lots of power and good acceleration. The ONLY issue i've noticed with this engine is...
  7. 1988 Ford Ranger 2.0

Hey everybody, i've made a couple of posts in the last week or so about this "new to me" ranger. I picked this thing up literally dirt cheap. I've spent the last week or so getting the bugs out of it, and installing a new carburetor (someone removed the choke plate from the old one!!!!) Rangers...
  8. Is there a cowl drain on a 1988 Ranger?

Hello everyone. I apologize for my second post in the urgent answers board, but with all of the soaking rain we are experiencing right now (Winchester, VA area) this is starting to be a problem. I have a thin stream of water coming in the driver and passenger side right now. it is not a major...
  9. 1988 Ranger 2.0 + carburetor wiring question

Hey folks, i haven't posted in a while, but now i'm working on a New to Me 1988 Ford Ranger 2.0, 2wd single cab truck. Truck is in great shape and runs terrific. I want to do a carb kit on the carburetor, but when going to take it apart, there appears to be some kind of wiring with a plastic...
  10. Coolant from my coolant bottle DISAPPEARED!

Hey folks, Was just checking my fluids yesterday and I noticed that my resevoir bottle for my radiator was completley bone dry. In a panic, i looked all around to see if I had antifreeze leaking out from anywhere, and then i pulled my dipstick to see if there was any water in with the oil. I...
  11. Valvoline SynPower for the 4.0 SOHC?

Hey guys, I've been reading alot about Valvoline's new 300,000 mile engine guarantee through the use of their SynPower Synthetic oil. The claim is legitimate and you can enroll through their website as long as your car has 75,000 miles or less on the clock. My 06 4.0 SOHC Ranger is about to...
  12. question about 06 Ranger Shift Lever

This is a question that I don't believe has been asked before, to my knowledge. I have yet to see a custom shifter/ shift boot for my year ranger. I did notice that the ranger shifter looks kind of cool removed from the huge rubber shift boot. It reminds me of the shifter in the F150, with the...
  13. 1992 Ranger Wheel on 06 Ranger??

Hey guys, Thanks for all the help about everything else. My question to you now is; can i put the premium, 10 hole aluminum wheel from a 1992 Ford Ranger on my 2006 Ranger without any backspacing problems or other problems? Reason i'm asking is because a guy at work has 4 of them with snow...
  14. question about fluid type for 06 ranger manual tranny

Hi guys, I have a 2006 Ranger 4.0 4X4 with the 5spd Manual transmission. I believe it is the M50D mazda, but i'm not exact. It has nearly 70,000 miles, and it is time to change the gear oil in the tranny. I know the book calls for MERCON in the tranny. But I can't find MERCON anywhere, and...
  15. Please Help...advice needed

I have a 2006 Ranger X-cab 4X4, that has the 4.0SOHC engine. I've only had the truck since July 17th. I gave it its first oil change two days ago, and put in what the owners manual reccommended - 5W30 Motorcraft premium synthetic. The truck has 61,000 miles. Upon a few moments after startup, i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad