• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Jasper Engine & Tranny - Do or don't?

I've got a 2000 Ranger 3.0 4wd with 235,000 on it. The truck is in otherwise good shape, but the engine just blew and the tranny has high mileage. I'm looking into having an Jasper remanufactured engine and transmission installed and getting pricing on it, but I'm not hearing great reviews about...
  2. Rear Door Latch Adjustment

I have been driving around with my driver's side rear door with what I'm calling a broken bottom latch. When I close just the rear door, I can pull on the bottom of the door and it moves significantly. I've tried WD40 on it repeatedly to free up the latch, no good. I was reading that these...
  3. 3.0 engine swap possible fail

How can I tell if an engine that was swapped in my truck is from a Taurus or a Ranger? The more I scan through some threads on engine swapping, the more I begin to see the possibility that we put a Taurus engine in. I only made it 300+/- on this engine after swapping it out before possibly...
  4. 2000 Ranger blown up??

I'm driving down I-75 in Michigan, when all of a sudden the RPMs jump to 3200 and the truck shuts down. I coast it over to the side of the road and have a look. On the passenger side I noticed a small amount of smoke and a small dab of oil on the motor mount no larger than a quarter. I wait 30...
  5. 2000 3.0 Engine Swap

The Winter truck is down and I'm swapping the engine out on my 2000 3.0 4X4 Auto tranny Ranger and I wasn't sure about a couple different potential issues when purchasing the replacement engine. 1: I'm leaning toward purchasing a donor truck rather than just the engine itself, this way I can...
  6. New Member from Upper Michigan

Hi Guys, I've been looking at threads on here since I had my first ranger in 2004. I've owned nothing but them my whole life and they are without a doubt my favorite truck. As I'm getting older (27), I'm seeing the benefit to working on them myself. I just inherited my grandpas 2001 Ford Ranger...
  7. Vacuum Hose ID Issue

Hi guys, just joined up yesterday and as luck would have it my 2001 Ranger 4.0 got a vacuum leak. It was pretty easy to detect as there is a 1/2" gash in the elbow of one of the lines. The problem is that I can't determine what line this is to replace it. The lines run parallel one on top of the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad