• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('02-'11) What Spark Plugs Should I Use and Should I Replace the Spark Plug Wires?

I beg to differ. My 2009 2.3 Manual, purchased new, had NGKs from the factory until today. Yes, this was a surprise to me when I read it somewhere years ago and confirmed at the 90,000 mile inspection. Changed out with 247,xxx miles on plugs. Plugs were rotated at 90,000 miles to even out...
  2. hard start up

Try cleaning your IAC--worked for me.
  3. stock air boxes??

my '09 didn't come with the mufflers--there were plugs in the intake tube from the factory.
  4. boxes on air intake line

Not mine, but it does show the resonators.
  5. boxes on air intake line

See if you can find plugs like the ones in mine, maybe ford dealer or junkyard. They are molded so they maintain the contour of the air intake tube when installed rather than being a flat plug on the inside.
  6. boxes on air intake line

I believe they're there to help silence the intake. Their volume is tuned and will help cancel out harmonics at certain engine RPMs. My 2009 does not have them; instead it has plugs in the air intake tube where they would go.
  7. Possible larger oil filter?

FL400S and FL1A should fit. Problem is they stick down farther and are more prone to damage.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad