• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Swapped to 8.8 axle, shocks are maxed out

2000 2.5 2wd 5 speed Like the title states, a couple years ago. I swapped my 7.5 (code 86) with an 8.8 (code R7) out of an Fx4. When I did this, I also installed the Fx4 lift plates. I used my stock shocks but they are at or close to max extension when sitting normally. This causes the truck to...
  2. Replacement for Torsen limited slip?

Not long ago I posted about my 8.8 out of a Fx4 Level II with a bent axle shaft. That's been resolved! However there's still a few things that I have minor concerns about. The R7 in this particular rear had a Torson LSD, instead of the clutch style limited that I was expecting. I'm not bummed...
  3. Bent axle shaft... Options?

So I just finished working on my 2000 Ranger, swapped my code 86 rear to an R7 out of a 2004 Fx4 Level II. The 2004 was sideswiped and the owner was parting it out. Sucks to see a nice truck go out but what can you do? Anyways, I finished putting it in and hooking all my brake lines up and such...
  4. Cluster swap questions

I was looking for a Sport Trac cluster in a parts yard and while I didn't find one in a Trac, I found a 2001 Explorer (even had a 5 speed, nice!) with the same white face gauges so I picked it up. I was just wondering if this would be plug and play into a 2000 Ford Ranger 2.5L. I've searched...
  5. Planning on the big swap!

Hey, I just joined because I'm trying to put together an extensive guide for a 302 swap. I haven't done it myself yet, but its in the plans for the winter project while I'm out of school. I currently have a 2000 2.5L 5 speed, and this is my second ranger. My first was a ragged death box, '95 2.3...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad