• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Possible short-circuit?

So recently I was driving my 86 Ranger when suddenly I smelled a burning smell. It smelled like a burning wire or something electrical. Anyhow, my dash lights went dim and my fan slowed almost to a halt even though it was switched to full speed. The next day the truck wouldn't turn over at all...
  2. Need to break into my truck lol.

So, due to the cold weather, both of my exterior door handles are now inoperable. The door lock rod clips broke on both sides and now I cannot get into my truck. Both doors are unlocked though. Anyone know of any tricks to get in to a 1986 Ranger that don’t have functioning exterior handles? Thanks.
  3. Transmission squeaking?

Hey guys, recently there has been a squeaking sound coming from my transmission (or at least near it.) The squeak only occurs when exceeding about 35mph and is not dependent on the clutch being engaged/disengaged. Additionally, shifting into any gear (including neutral) at above 35mph has no...
  4. 1986 Ranger IAC issue?

Hey guys, I have a problem with cold starting my 86 Ranger. It idles high like you would expect but it continues to idle high for at least 5 minutes before settling down to the normal idle speed. Could it be the IAC either sticking or not functioning properly? Any opinions on this? Thanks.
  5. FM145 Aftermarket Shifter finally discovered!

Hey guys, I've been lurking these forums for a year now and I have finally run into something that I feel is post-worthy. I'm sure most of you are aware that finding a shifter for a FM145 transmission is about as impossible a task as any, considering the things are damn near mythical these days...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad