• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Truck running rich when alternator plugged in

My truck runs rich when the alternator is plugged in. When plugged in I get 14.5v at the battery and the truck runs rich. 10% CO and HC ppm to be exact. It runs good but not as crisp as it should. When I unplug the alternator field fuse and/or unplug the alternator connections it runs much...
  2. hesitates to go into reverse when cold

When I first start the truck and put it in reverse it doesn't go right in. It will eventually after about twenty seconds. It goes right into drive. If I drive it twenty feet down the road, stop, then it goes right into reverse. It was a little low on fluid so I did it one better and changed...
  3. Electric 4x4 doesn't work

My explorer won't go into four wheel drive or four low for that matter. It is an electronic button type. when I push the button the light doesn't light up and nothing seems to happen. I checked all of the fuses with no luck. I know nothing about four wheel drive so any help is greatly...
  4. Truck running rich!

I finally got my truck to run smooth but its still running rich. The plugs are powder black color, it struggles at idle and the exhaust leaves a black spot on the ground. If I prevoke a small vacuum leak it runs much better and the exhaust is clean. My ECU coolant temp sensor seems to check...
  5. Need manual and/or plug gap 91 4.0

What is the plug gap for a 1991 Ford Explorer 4.0? Also, does anyone have a link for a 91 Explorer/Ranger manual download? Thanks!
  6. running rough and erratic

I just bought a 91 Explorer 4.0 "as is" advertised as being a good runner but slowly lost power and eventually would stall with the application of throttle. I figured if the fuel pump cycles its a plugged filter. The pump cycled but sqealed a little. I then thought install the filter and see...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad