• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bobaloo

2.3L ('83-'97) 1994 2.3 compression PSI

I'm at 790ft altitude. Timing belt was the first thing I changed trying to fix bad idle after I checked it with timing light. New belt was installed spot on and checked with timing light & SPOUT disconnected. Reading was almost the same as before. Old belt had about 80k miles on it, so it was...
  2. bobaloo

The voltage at the TPS was not at spec before and after adjusting idle speed screw, but at least engine stayed running. Like I said, I needed it for moving. EGR opens and closes smoothly when vacuum is applied. I have vacuum gauge in dash, hangs out just under 20 in. No shakey reading, real...
  3. bobaloo

I haven't been able to check out a whole lot due to Michigan weather and I'm in the middle of moving. The one code I get is "insufficient egr flow". Replaced every part of egr system. Still getting the same code. So I don't know. Really bad idle to the point of stalling. No vacuum leaks. I...
  4. bobaloo

I've done compression tests on my motor and have found #3 cyl. Is somewhat lower than the other three. I'm just wondering what the compression in psi would be for a healthy engine. Maybe the other 3 are low too, but #3 is the worst. Engine has over 300k on the clock and is throwing codes and...
  5. bobaloo

Rear ABS "Situation"

Hi all, Got a '94 Ranger 4 banger & 5sp. When I step on the brakes the rear brakes pulsate BAD. No pulsing brake pedal, just rear brakes pulsating. At first I thought it was the brake drums were out of round so I had the drums turned, and put new shoes, springs, etc. Still the exact same...
  6. bobaloo

2.3L ('83-'97) Timing jump?

While driving past a local Ford dealer, I figured I'd pick some brains. Technician and outside snd showed me the correct SPOUT connector and unplugged it for me, then went and got his timing light and checked it for me! 10deg BTDC perfect! (His boss when home for the weekend). Got out a vacuum...
  7. bobaloo

Where is the cam sensor, I didn't see one today. Yes, all pulleys where aligned correctly after installing tensioner, double checked and engine manually rotated 3 times before reassembly. Sticker under hood says 10deg with spout disconnected. I only found one wire that looked like the spout...
  8. bobaloo

2.3L ('83-'97) Upgrading 1995 Ranger's 2.3 Lime Radiator/Cooling System

My '94 has only gone to the normal range once, my idler seized and burned the belt off and I needed to drive a mile and a half with no drive belt. Other than that the gauge always stays just above the cold line both winter and summer. Yes, I've tried different thermostats, (Running a 195deg)...
  9. bobaloo

Oh yeah, timing stays the same with or without SPOUT connected. 20deg BTDC.😵
  10. bobaloo

Original problem was poor fuel mileage, smell of gas, loss of power and you can hear it missing at the tailpipe. Well valve timing is spot on and lined up perfect with crank timing mark. Just came in from putting new timing belt and tensioner. It was fine before but since I had it torn down, I...
  11. bobaloo

No distributor, coil packs. I was wondering what the spout connector was for, now I know, thanks! BTW the timing is the same with SPOUT in or out. Also when I unplug the MAF sensor the engine runs the same, is this normal? Is it because at an idle, the Idle air solenoid is controlling air...
  12. bobaloo

Hi all. I've got a 1994 2.3, two wheel drive Ranger and It's been running rough and sucking gas for a couple months now. I checked the codes it showed codes for # 158 "MAF sensor voltage high. and #337 EGR sensor voltage high. I checked wires to both all was well. Replaced MAF sensor, no...
  13. bobaloo

Rim color?

Just looking for some input here. I need to repaint my rims. They're off an old cop car and was wondering if I should go with black or go with red. Any ideas? I'm kinda stuck. See attached picture. TIA
  14. bobaloo

Floor pans?

I've been looking for new front floor pans for my '94 xl and can't seem to find any. I can find them for older and newer but not for mine. Any leads? Thanks in advance.
  15. bobaloo

No canister purge solinoid?

Hi all, I did a scan on my '94 2.3l Ranger and it says "canister purge solinoid". Well my truck doesn't seem to have one, not even on vacuum diagram. Is my scanner just dumb or am I? TIA, Bob
  16. bobaloo

Vacuum Issue?

I installed a vacuum gauge in my dash and now I noticed an issue. While crusing at a constant speed 40 - 60 mph or more vacuum remains at about 12 BUT goes up to 18 for a second then back to 12. This happens about every 3 or 4 seconds. RPM doesn't change and you can't feel it while driving...
  17. bobaloo

5 x 4.5?

Hi all, I've been getting different info from various sources. I have a '94 Ranger with 14" rims. I'm looking to upgrade to the P71 16" (police rims) from a Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis etc. I would settle for a set of stock black steel 16" wheels, But are they all the same? I recall Mopar...
  18. bobaloo

Fuel line size

Hopefully an easy question to answer.. I need to know what is the size of the fuel line going from filter to motor. Thanks in advance..
  19. bobaloo

1994 Ranger 4Banger fuel lines

I am in search of the fuel line(s) from (not including) the fuel rail to the filter. I would prefer the stock lines, but if I cant find 'em I'll go with the repair kit. Anyone have a stock pair of lines they're willing to part with? All I can find is a repair kit from Dorman, I don't know what...
  20. bobaloo

Cluster swap

Does anyone know if a stock 1994 instrument cluster without tach can be swapped out for one with a tach? Just plug and play or will I need to do some wiring ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad