• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. masanders

For Sale Manual clutch parts for sale

Hi all! I had wanted to try doing the clutch job myself on my 2000 Ranger, but circumstances have the truck in the shop getting the clutch job completed as well as other jobs. Thanks to this I have some clutch components that I purchased from RockAuto.com that are just sitting in my shed. Any...
  2. masanders

2.5L ('98-'01) False spike readings on OBD2 reader

Anybody know why my engine would send out a spike reading of 12,500 RPM? Using the BlueDriver OBD2 code reader.
  3. masanders

What hitch to use?

We just moved into a new house and eventually I’ll have to tow the lawn equipment from my mom’s house to mine. What hitch class should I use? Looking at Rock Auto...
  4. masanders

3.7L Jeep Liberty misfire

My sister just bought a 2009 Jeep Liberty w/3.7L V6. It has a P0305 Cylinder 5 misfire and a P0420 cat code. The plug and coil pack were changed at the dealership which did not fix the problem. I hear a hiss but can’t find a vacuum leak. It’ll get all new plugs this Thursday thanks to the...
  5. masanders

New stereo and speakers

It’s not a Ranger, but I’m pretty happy with my latest install of a Sony XAV-AX5500, and a full set of Polk Audio DB 572 speakers in my wife’s ‘07 Escape.
  6. masanders

Saw this Ranger out today

Saw this out today
  7. masanders

Delete ‘00 Ranger non-tilt steering column

I recently replaced my non tilt steering column with a tilt model. The non tilt column is from a ‘00 Ranger XLT 2wd and is in good working order. All wiring is still on the column. I only took the ignition switch off, but still have it. The column shroud pieces are included. I don’t really...
  8. masanders

Seat bracket interchange?

Does anyone have info on bracket interchange? I’m curious what swaps with what bracket-wise.
  9. masanders

Aftermarket seats?

Does anybody have experienced with putting aftermarket bucket seats in their Ranger? I’d like to put some in, but I don’t know how to weld or fab anything. Corbeau has some seats/bolt in tracks I can use, but I really don't want to spend $900. No good junkyard finds, Facebook, or Craigslist...
  10. masanders

Seat information clarification

I found nice ‘01 Explorer seats and could use clarification on what’s in the tech article: “Explorer seat tracks only work on extended cab Rangers. Explorer seats need the 60/40 or bucket seat tracks from a regular cab Ranger to work. 2002 and newer Ford Explorer seats are wider, and will not...
  11. masanders

Opinions on bearing grease?

Gotta change out my bearings soon and I wanted to get y’all’s opinions on wheel bearing grease. I have this black moly grease that says it’s made for bearings in mind. What grease do y’all use?
  12. masanders

Odd OBD2 readings with possibly false P0420...

I’m getting some odd readings on my OBD2 scanner that don’t make sense. I’m hoping someone can help me out. The readings I’m referencing come from my wife’s 2007 Escape with the 3.0L V6 engine. I’m getting a P0420 with no real symptoms of bad cats like rough driving/operation or loss of power...
  13. masanders

Semi Truck Ranger

I was browsing through Custom Offsets Ranger gallery and came upon this gem. Though you guys would like to take a look at it. Semi Truck Ranger https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/497108/1989-ford-ranger-fuel-titan-air-lift-performance
  14. masanders

Just need to vent...

2000 Ranger 2.5L RWD MT Friday afternoon my truck died. Thought it was the starter, but its good. Any electrical tests have been done and all have come back as good (to the best of my measuring ability. I’ve known for a while that the clutch, pressure plate, and all related equipment needed to...
  15. masanders

Idle surge issues

2000 Ranger XLT RWD 2.5L My engine will raise the rpms while driving to 2000 and generally get stuck there for a few seconds until the rpms go back down or I dang near stall it on purpose to get rpms down. I’ve tested the IAC, IAT, TPS, and MAF. Every sensor changes the idle when unplugged...
  16. masanders

‘02 Explorer seats

I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I have a 2000 Ranger XLT (regular cab) and bought ‘02 Explorer seats (4 door) to go in it. They were in the best condition of any seat there at the JY. Most didn’t even have seats. I started cutting the brackets off of the donor seats and I was...
  17. masanders

Fender bolt torque specs?

Just had to take my fenders off just enough to get to the rain channel exits. Had to flush them out. What are the torque specs for the fender bolts? I can’t find that information in my Haynes manual.
  18. masanders

Anybody know anything about this truck?

I’m loving this wheel/tire combo, but there’s no info about the setup. On Cardomain.com the user is 6927fx. http://www.cardomain.com/member/6927fx/# If anyone can help I’d appreciate it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. masanders

Dim LED bulbs in cluster post swap

Ok. So I did a complete LED swap in my 2000 Ranger, but it’s using a 2000 Sport Trac cluster. So far the lights look great. In this pic only the main illumination lights are on and the ABS light too. Now that I’ve hooked the cluster back up I’m seeing the parking brake light, airbag light, and...
  20. masanders

161 bulbs for HVAC led upgrade

2000 Ford Ranger XLT Alright, so I’m trying to upgrade my HVAC bulbs to LEDs. The bulbs themselves are 161 bulbs. Superbrightleds.com said they were 194. No dice on fitment. 194 is too big, 74 are just a hair small on the base and I can’t find a 161 led bulb online. I swore on my 2006...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad