• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2.5l bearing clearances

Does anyone know what the main, rod and crank end play clearances are on a 2.5l SOHC small crank journal engine? Thanks
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Cam timing events?

Anybody??? or can point me in the right direction? I emailed Melling tech for the specs but of course no reply.
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Cam timing events?

Does anyone know when the intake valve closes on the factory roller cams? Trying to figure out what Ford had the dynamic compression at. Thanks
  4. 2.0/2.3/2.5L Family

Does anyone know the cam timing events of the roller ranger cams? Specifically looking for when the intake valve closes so I can figure out what Ford had for dynamic compression.
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.5l head on 2.3l

well I ended up converting a early dual plug head intake to fit a 2.5l head. Mounted up to a bridgeport and slotted the holes to move it upwards and align the ports from top to bottom. Cut a slot in the 2.5 head on the mill to pass water into the bottom of the intake like the first version...
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.5l head on 2.3l

I have been searching for some answers about the dual plug heads and what is involved in swapping a 2.5l head onto earlier 2.3l. I have a 90 ranger dual plug head and building a new engine for it since it is getting very tired with 345k miles on it. I have a 94 2.3l setting that I am swapping a...
  7. 90 ranger 2.3l to 97 4.0l swap

Thanks, I should of been more thorough on my post. I have both complete trucks sitting here, both un molested, and both manual . I was reading earlier off one of the 4.0 threads and I missed or goofed. The one conversion thread seemed like it just needed to be a 4.0 ohv donor and easier in the...
  8. 90 ranger 2.3l to 97 4.0l swap

Have been reading for a while on articles and not finding or missed the article I need. Can someone shed some light on if I can swap a 97 4.0l into a 90 ranger 2.3l? The 90 ranger is rust free and that is why I want to save it. Both trucks are manual transmissions. Thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad