• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mounting XM radio unit

Ok, for christmas I got an XM radio for my truck. Only problem is I have no idea where to mount it. I'm thinking infront of the shifter might be the best location for now. I'm hoping to find an explorer over head console and try to store the XM unit in that. That should come later this week...
  2. Thailand Ranger concept

Um, I'll take 2 please. http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/28/ford-ranger-max-concept-debuts-at-thailand-motor-show/#comments
  3. Funniest Repair Orders you've seen?

This is for those who work in a shop or work somewhere where you get Work/Repair Orders. What's some of the dumbest one's you have seen? I got one this week on a 2008 Altima with CVT transmission. The customer told the service advisor that "the vehicle dosn't shift, builds up RPM's too high and...
  4. Australian Ranger?

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/26/say-it-aint-so-ford-falcon-could-go-front-wheel-drive/ Found this article about the Ford Falcon possibly being FWD and it mentioned the Ranger and Focus will come from Australia. Don't know how much truth that holds but who knows. I guess it's more or less...
  5. Ford advertises the Ranger

I've seen this commercial twice tonight with Ford talking about fuel economy. Pretty much showing the vehicles with 26+ mpg. The last vehicle they show is the Ranger stating "the best in class Ranger gets 26 mpg". It's not much of a commercial but atleast it seems Ford is starting the see the way.
  6. Fabtech lifts

Anyone here have any experiance with Fab Tech lifts? I'm trying to lift a 04 2wd b2300 and so far the only one I could find is through fabtech. The total I was told (through a local 4x4 shop) was 925. I'm basicly looking to make a pre-runner truck. I think the lift size I was told was a 2inch...
  7. Gas Guzzlers

http://autos.aol.com/article/crossover-utility-vehicle/_a/jeep-wrangler-saturn-sky-pontiac/20080310103609990001 I saw this on my homepage when I logged on to the internet. I like the last thing they list. The E85 bullshit. It's funny how so many people belive they're saving gas and money...
  8. The Witch Hunt Begins

So yesterday at work I just found out that every Mechanic's hours are now being watched closely. Management thinks that we arn't that productive and are looking to see why it takes so long to do certain jobs. They were asking me yesterday why it took me 40 min. to do an oil change on a Dodge...
  9. Wow, some people are stupid

I went to bestbuy today to buy a new Router and the guy inline in front of me had a cd and a cd book. Typical purchase considering Best Buy probably sells more cd's than computer equipment. Anyway, he checked out and as he was leaving 3 or 4 associates stoped him and asked to check his bag. They...
  10. oh no

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=455013&topart=hybrids This dosn't look too good. Anyone know what vehicles are loosing the v8 in favor of the turbo v6?
  11. Car Sales

I'm not talking regular car sales. But these special sales dealers have. It seems as if every other month there's a Truck Month Sale for Ford. Of course there's end of the year sales. Some other sales I've seen is a "Hung Half Way Sale". A Toyota dealer is moving locations and has construction...
  12. Lemons

Ugh, I hate some of the Lemons we have at work. Plus the fact that people love to abuse the hell out of a Rental Car makes it better. Right now we have 4 cars that see more time at the dealer's shop than on rent. Kia Minivan - Check Engine Light comes on every 50 miles. It's always something to...
  13. I hate Texas Department of Transportation

My shop wants me to get certified for state inspections. The test is tuesday and I can't study for it at all because the book they put out is the most boring shit I've ever read. I can read for about 15 min. then I'm off to something else. Then read again for 15 min. then off to something else...
  14. FoMoCo #5 in customer rentention

Seems as FoMoCo is having a 54.4% return of customers. Which is pretty decent but a long shot behind Toyota (lexus and scion included) which is first at 68.9%. GM is second at 64.7%. Either way here's a link...
  15. A promotion of sorts at work

So I pull up to work today at good ol 6am and the maintnance manager is standing outside smoking a cigarette. I get out of the truck and he starts walking towards me. "Les, got your tools?" Me "Yeah, why what's up?" I was thinking that something had broke and we needed to fix it. He reply's...
  16. I love new car day at work

I work for Dollar Rent-A-Car and we usually rent Dodge products. For the past 2 week's we've been getting 2 truck loads of vehicles a day (about 16 I think). All last week we got mostly Dodge Caliburs. We got a few 300's, Chargers, Jeep Commanders, Liberties and Nitro's and Durango's in. There...
  17. This is going to take some getting use to

I use to go into work at 1:30 or 2:30pm. My schedual was changed to me going in at 8am. Last night I got off at 10 and fell asleep around 1 yesterday. Right now, it's 6:30am and I'm looking at the clock wondering who invented this time. For almost the past 4 years I've been working nights so...
  18. Ford crush's all...

I was driving home from school today and some thing cool at the Ford dealer by my house. I was going to fast to slow down so i had to wait untill later to check it out. Plus I wanted to get my digital camera and take some pictures. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't...
  19. Those who have taken or are taking auto class'...

Which class did you find the easiest and which class did you find the hardest? For some reason I understood heating and a/c but I can't get electrical or brakes. Brakes are relativly simple but at the same time there's all this crap about master cylinder's and shit like that. Then electrical is...
  20. The news is great sometimes

I saw a story about a Ford Dealer in Austin TX that was pretty funny. It's amazing how one thing you say today means something else to other people. http://www.kvue.com/news/green/stories/100207kvuemachaikfolo-mm.131d7f14d.html

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad