• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mazdamama

Idling fine but stalls under load

My truck idles fine but shortly after putting it in gear it will die like the fuel cuts out, but if I give it gas very slow and smooth sometimes I can get it up to speed, but If I step on the pedal hard while the truck is in gear it just dies. This problem is worse when I turn the wheel also...
  2. mazdamama

snowy trail video

tZLS5E3fyNs
  3. mazdamama

video of me driving up a little sand ledge

tires still fully inflated lAWUAjgfitI
  4. mazdamama

stiffening rear springs to get better flex out of the front end?

i have chevy 63s in the rear, and they are very soft, but my front end still does not flex as much as i like, so i was wondering what affect stiffening the rear springs would have on overall flex? would stiffening the rear just be worse for overall flex, or might it force the front springs to...
  5. mazdamama

Which tcase and tranny combo best for 302 swap

I'm looking for the best combo for the purpose of rock crawling and fitting a doubler. Right now I could get a free zf5 and the mated new process tcase, but I'm not sure If I want the zf5 or an automatic or some better transmission. Has anyone else done this before? Do you guys know of any good...
  6. mazdamama

Best clutch for rock crawling ( high torque conditions)

just trying to get some opinions. I run 37s woth 5.13 gears, and do a decent amount of crawling, I burned my hays super truck up after about two years of moderate to heavy driving. To replace it I just bought a centerforce stage II ,which I have read is basically the same clutch, with same...
  7. mazdamama

Just a little canyon crawling

one of my favorite little trails In Spanish springs Nevada.
  8. mazdamama

Driveway shot and cheap flex from phone

. And I'm 6 3" to put things in perspective Sorry if the photo quality Is poor I just wanted to log on and post because I havnt been on in a while.
  9. mazdamama

How to do tie rod flip

ive got a 79 f 150 Dana 44 front and and I'm trying to do the tierod flip. Does anyone know the best way to do this or how to find the right TREs to use or a good place to buy the inserts that just require a 3/4 drill bitand not an expensive reamer. Thanks
  10. mazdamama

puzzling turn signal problems 79 f350

my hazard lights work but my turn signals dont, and when the hazards are on they work intermittently and the front passenger turn signal never flashes at all. also only the driver arrow on the dash blinks. so far i have replaced the bulbs, and flasher relays for the hazards and turn signals, i...
  11. mazdamama

what coils flex best?

i use wildhorses 5.5 lift progressive rate coils with an extended radius arm ballistic joint setup and heres how well it does. personally im looking for more flex its embarassing when im getting beat by stock width jeep yj what do you guys use ? anyone use jeffs bronco graveyard superflex...
  12. mazdamama

replacing valve seals in a 79 ford 400 block

is there anything i shold know before attempting this task? this would be my first time, im somewhat mechanicaly experienced but i want to make sure i have everything i need and im not getting in over my head. thanks, josh
  13. mazdamama

just repacked hubs now one wont unlock

i just repacked the bearing inside my 79 f 150 dana 44 hubs, and now one side wont unlock. what should i look for to fix this? thanks
  14. mazdamama

questions about my plasma cutter

i recently bought my first plasma cutter, its a hypertherm powermax 350, and im having trouble figuring out how to use it right. it doesnt seem to want to cut anything unless i set it at really low amps. i have also got it to cut without being ground to anything. i admit i really know nothing...
  15. mazdamama

85 f150 wont start

v6 300 when the key is turned nothing happens, the dash doesnt light up, and the engine wont turn, this happened once earlier and i replaced the starter solenoid and everything worked again, now a few months later, it started to do the same thing, this time when i went to turn the key the dash...
  16. mazdamama

jeep cherokee transmission questions

i bought a 1991 automatic jeep cherokee for a daily driver while im building my truck, and a few weeks after i bougt it one of the transmission cooling lines broke from its retaing clip and fell onto the exhaust where it began to ware a hole and start to leak. since then i cutout the spot in the...
  17. mazdamama

advice for first time gear install

oh, thanks, now theres one less tool i need to buy. how about bearing pullers? where should i look for those? i saw some on ebay not sure if there good quality though. also, i was wondering if i could buy a bare open carier for 3.92 and numerically higher and put my old internals from my old...
  18. mazdamama

advice for first time gear install

also can anyone tell me, if i can just pull the center chunk out of the 9 inch or do i have to pull the axleshafts out and pull the axle apart?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad