• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. CajunPwnStar

RonD...needing your expertise. Still fighting this head.

You may remember my thread about the head with a water passage for the intake... I went back to the Ranger to check something and found out that it's a 1993. I can't get the timing down on this thing at all. I had it running, but with low power, by timing it by the cam lobes. It must have...
  2. CajunPwnStar

2.3L has water pouring from intake manifold

I posted recently about my blown water pump and overheating the truck. Since then, I've chased problem after problem with the cooling system until I finally decided to pull the head. Found multiple cracks, so decided to hit the junkyard for one. After pulling four different heads, all cracked, I...
  3. CajunPwnStar

Valve train rattle after water pump failure. Warped head?

Had my water pump go out on me the other day on the way home from work. Sending unit wire for the temp gauge was broken off when I hit a limb in a storm and I hadn't gotten around to fixing it, so didn't realize I lost my coolant until I heard the rattle. I immediately pulled over and let it...
  4. CajunPwnStar

Looking to start building a turbo 2.3L....advice?

Read through the tech article hear on piecing together a 2.3L turbo and became interested in it. I haven't lived the boosted life since I was 18, which was 12 years ago, and even then a buddy did most of the picking and choosing of parts. I have found a block from an '88 Thunderbird and plan...
  5. CajunPwnStar

[1995 2.3L] Rough idle until closed loop reached

Been having a rough idle issue for a while now, but just now getting around to checking it out. Have done a full tune-up on it, which helped with the overall performance, but the rough idle at start is still there. I ran my scan tool on it and noticed the rough idle is present until the temp...
  6. CajunPwnStar

The gun thread...

Just got this beauty recently... SA Mod.2 .40cal w/Viridian C5L rail light/laser combo
  7. CajunPwnStar

Coolant leak... Name this part

It's on the right side of the engine. The hose to the heater core slides over it and is clamped. There's also the hose going to the radiator on another port. Right where the heater core hose slides on, it's rusted through and leaking. I had to reformat my PC, so don't have my breakdown of the...
  8. CajunPwnStar

Hauling an ATV with 2.3l....Flatbed or trailer?

Planning on buying a Can-Am Renegade 1000 in the next month or so and was wanting to use the Ranger to haul it around in. I know that with aftermarket tires, it won't fit in the bed, so I was looking at either a trailer or a more permanent flatbed. This truck is only used for work and I live in...
  9. CajunPwnStar

Fuel leak from tank!!!!

Filled this morning and have fuel everywhere. Before this, I could smell fuel, but no leak... Is my tank busted???
  10. CajunPwnStar

Fuel vapor smell coming from truck

So far I've made a visual inspection and laid a sheet of cardboard under it and have found no duel in liquid form. It's got a very strong smell, however. The vapor canister is missing the caps, could this be the problem?
  11. CajunPwnStar

Going to hunt down a 302. What else to get?

First off, I'm on my Tapatalk app at work and can't get to the tech library to view the detailed write up about this... Going after work to the local pull-a-part to hunt down a 302 block. Plan is to have it bored and build a 331 stroker for street, not track. Donor will be one of like 5 Expo...
  12. CajunPwnStar

ISO 1995 PC/ED in digital form

I've found the FSM for 1995 Rangers in CD form, but having trouble locating the CD form of the PC/ED books. Also, the EVTM in CD form is slipping me. If they don't come in CD form, that's ok. I just like to keep everything on my laptop instead of fumbling through books.
  13. CajunPwnStar

Suggestions for code readers

Suggestions for OBD1 scan tool (data reader) Looking for something around $100 or so. My com adapter for work only reads on J1939 and Cat Data Link. Just need something straight to the point so that I can try to make a few extra bucks on the weekends by diagnosing and repairing issues for...
  14. CajunPwnStar

Needing a breakdown schematic of 2.3L engine

New to Fords and gas engines in general, been a new diesel tech for a while. Just looking for a breakdown of the 2.3L engine to help identify some components to aid in the tune up.
  15. CajunPwnStar

First time Ford owner from Louisiana

Sup everyone? Just picked up a 1995 2WD 2.3l Ranger for a whopping $500. This is going to be my daily driver for work, so I can keep miles low on my other new vehicle. Planning on doing a major tune-up, front end work, and suspension. Looking at buying the Colorado DuraMax next year, so then the...
  16. CajunPwnStar

1995 Ranger XLT 2WD front end rebuild

Got a used truck for work and it definitely needs new ball joints and an alignment. Since I'm going to have it apart up there, I was wondering what else I should change/inspect. Not a full rebuild, but mainly bushings. Also going to replace the shocks all the way around.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad