• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1999 2.5 Liter NO Spark

Well, I had another thread with a fuel pump problem, but that thread died. So, I have the new fuel pump in (the old one literally melted down) and found that it needed a new inertia switch as that had melted some too. I now have fuel at the motor, no problem. Now I dont have any spark at the...
  2. Problem Dying

NO DICE! The inertia switch has 3 wires. Which ones to jumper? 2 larger wires and a smaller one. It has gotten so hot that the plug has melted a little, and the insulation on the wires as well. But not enough to keep it from functioning. Battery was about dead, but should have been hot enough...
  3. 99 Ranger 2.5 liter manual Missing, "pecking"

Truck has been missing for a while now, just now getting warm enough here to put the new plugs and wires in Ive bought. Driving today and going up a long hill and theres this loud "whooshing" noise under the hood, truck loses power and starts pecking. Make it to the top of the hill and turn it...
  4. Engine Miss 1999 2.5 Liter

1999 2.5 liter manual. Engine has developed a miss. Really bad when its cold. Once it warms up, its better most of the time, not always tho, sometimes its worse after its warm. Check engine light does not work at all. Dont even know where its supposed to be, on the right hand side of the...
  5. Battery Light

1999, 2.5 liter, 5 speed. Ive had this truck for 2 1/2 years, and the battery light has always had an issue. It will come on occasionally when the motor is running. But the needle on the dash shows o.k.. I also have an LED meter plugged into the cigarette lighter that shows battery condition...
  6. Starter Problem?

1999 2.5 liter manual Truck has been starting fine til tonight. Lights and all worked but it would just give one click when I turned the key. Tried boosting it off, didnt seem to help at first but after several attempts it started fine. Took it to Oreillys auto parts where they tested the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad