• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 5.0 w manual tranny in a 2.9L A4LD

I would like to consider a complete swap of a 5.0 w manual trans into my '90 super cab w a A4LD. I am willing to change everything out from stock, in other words, clean out the hole to get one to fit. Has anyone completed a project like this one? I have access to several late model 5.0's most...
  2. Sensor on oil reservoir

I have a small oil leak from the sensor on the left side of the oil reservoir. I went to an auto parts store and they think it is a pressure sensor, I think it is a temperature sensor. In any event I can't purchase the right part unless I can identify the little bugger. I have a Chiltons and I...
  3. 302 Swap Info

I received my newest LMCtruck catalogue and noticed they have a complete V8 swap kit available on page 114 of the Ranger catalogue. The kit includes motor mounts, oil filter relocate and new Hedman Headers. Motor mounts: $129.95, Oil filter relocate: $84.95, and headers: Black-$299.95 and...
  4. Speedo Gear Change

Never Mind! For some reason I didn't get notified of a question I asked last week. I have my answer, so the thread is answered.
  5. Speedo

New problem/question. Got the new rear end in to compensate for the 32" tires. Need to change out the speedometer gear. I noticed that when I unhooked the cable from the rear of the tranny that I have a VSS plug on it even though I have a 1990. I thought that they didn't use VSS until 1993...
  6. 2.9 Issues

I placed a note on the forum before about my issues. First of all, the Ranger runs, and it responds, but it has very little pull up hills, rarely can go over 60, even down hill. I took it to a Ford independent mechanic and asked him to look at it. He did the electronic interrogation and found...
  7. I've Had it

I have been trying to get my wife's late father's 1991 2.9L Auto Kingcab running so that I don't have to get out and push it up hills. A friend of mine took off the Cat and that seemed to help somewhat. I will not go over 55, even down hill. The tranny shift's hard, it has virtually no power. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad