• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Looking for a floor shifter to work with an A4LD transmission.

My 2011 Ranger with 2.3 has a column shifter but I have been told there is a floor shift for the A4LD, which is not in my Ranger, but I am installing one in a 2.3 powered 67 Sunbeam Alpine. A floor shifter would make installation much easier. Any suggestions appreciated.
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) distributer vaccum hose removal 1983 2.3l ford ranger

Vacuum advance is far more important than many think. If needed to be blocked for timing, simply use a vice grip to pinch-off the rubber hose while setting timing. Vacuum advance is to keep advance in-line with engine load. When vacuum is high timing is advanced, and when it is low, timing is...
  3. different rear differential?

I think the 97 number refers to a Tow Package installed at the factory...which has the 4.10 axle. Mine has that also.
  4. Updating the 4-Cylinder Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

Ford 2.3 Lima engine data: Bore = 3.78" / Stroke = 3.126" / Rod length = 5.2" / Head volume = 60cc / Piston eyebrow cuts = 2cc / Deck Height = "0" / Compression = 9 -1 / Advertised Horse Power = 88 Net @ 4200 RPM / Advertised Torque = 124 pounds per foot @ 2200 RPM / Engine weight = Just under...
  5. Updating the 4-Cylinder Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

Grumpaw, I still have an old analog DWELL METER and flashing timing light. My 32 was driven all over the south with points and it NEVER left me stranded. With a Mustang 289 V8 and points my next Street Rod was a 1940 Ford coupe, it did the same and ran great. I use BWD Select ignition parts...
  6. Updating the 4-Cylinder Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

I am going out on a limb here, but carbs are not outdated. While I'm at it, neither are points ignitions. At 76 years and an ASE engine mechanic I have lots of experience with carbs. The Autolite 2100/2150 two barrel is excellent for a daily driver, and points work great up to about 5,000 rpm...
  7. 2011 Ranger 2.3 liter gas mileage!

adsm08 is right...without numbers any MPG could be lousy. Is the tail pipe sooty? Do you keep filters changed? How old are the spark plugs? Our 2.3 is computer controlled so it could be a problem. My 2011 automatic with 2.3 has 95K miles and is the base model fleet type. Purchased in 2015 with...
  8. 2011 Ranger 2.3 liter gas mileage!

My 2011 with tow package and 410 gears got 25.5 on a trip from Texas to Nashville. Later I got 27.7 with just me on a trip from Abilene, Texas to Dallas, Texas, and I ran with the big boys in the fast lane. Most was done around 75 MPH with the AC on. What do you call lousy?
  9. INFO User Profiles, Signatures, Banners, User Upgrades, Posting Messages & Photos

This will seem weird, but I still run a carb on my 85 2.3, in a sportscar (Sunbeam Alpine). I have no hatred of computers/FI and my degree is in electronics, so when things went electronic and I was shop superintendent, I had no problem adapting. My 2011 4-cylinder Ranger has computers. It does...
  10. Moved to Abilene, Texas

Moved to Abilene, Texas
  11. Updating the 4-Cylinder Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

I am putting a Lima 2.3 out of a 1985 Mustang in a sportscar. It is nothing like my 2011 Ranger 2.3. The different years HEAD CC numbers would be nice to know. I rebuilt the engine putting the head on without checking the CC's and I need that to find compressions...Static / Dynamic. Factory...
  12. 2.3 Lima carb version head cc size for a 1985 Mustang.

I am building a 1985 2.3 out of a Mustang for my 1967 Sunbeam Alpine sportscar. Head is already on so I can't measure and I need to know the cc size for a compression formula. Sometimes we get ahead of ourselves. Anybody have this info or know a page I can visit? My 2011 Ranger 2.3 is nothing...
  13. Ignition condenser ??

Computers hate electrical interference...so KEEP any capacitors you have. The one in the old dizzy was the same device but did a slightly different job from the ones on the coil, alternator and regulator. I am putting a modified dizzy in my Lima 2.3 in a sportscar with points...YES, points...
  14. 2.3 ignitions

I am putting a 2.3 in a 67 Sunbeam out of a 1985 Mustang. I DO NOT want a computer controlled engine. After trying an early points dizzy...which would not fit, I am trying to see if a later unit with swing-weights/vacuum can for advancement, can be fitted. Anyone try this? There is a schematic...
  15. Exhaust

I have a 2011 Ranger 2.3 and a 1985 2.3 I am installing in a 1967 Sports car. I need a mid 90's exhaust manifold in good shape. Not sure about the best year to fit my 85 but figured you guys would know. I am an ASE engine builder (retired) but always built V8-L6 engines. This overhead cam 4...
  16. Adding power to my '11 2.3 in CA

I have heard the 2.3 with auto was a bummer, but mine works great. Long trip (450 miles) 27.5 mpg, AC on running in the NASCAR lane with the big boys.
  17. duratec mechanical fan delete

Question, isn't the fan a clutch-fan? If so, how much is gained by doing the fan delete? I just took a 1600 mile trip in my 2011 2.3 automatic and got 25.5 mpg. This truck is not going to haul/pull much no matter what we do so a possible engine-killer mod seems too risky. I ran 70 to 80 in the...
  18. 2006 Ranger 2wd 4 cylinder cheap upgrade ideas

Depending on color you can black-out part of the hood for the price of satin black paint and tape. Be sure to prep the hood first. Headache racks start at $250.00 for our Rangers but I built one for $30.00 of 1 1/2" square tubing and $10.00 of 3" angle iron...then painted it with left-over satin...
  19. EPA To Wipe Out Lead Bullets

Not to worry gun guys. We have REAL science on our side and the nut-jobs have been debunked! Lead is NOT TOXIC in wheel weights, fishing sinkers or bullets but the gas formed from heating it is. If water dissolved lead we would have all died years ago...but it does NOT! That is a fact! Lead...
  20. Just got into reloading

I have been reloading for decades and have my own range. It is addictive on cold winter days and one can spend hours reading recipes and figuring out energy, velocity, powder charges, bullet weight & diameters, etc. so enjoy but stay safe FIRST! I am a retired police department armorer who...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad