• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Starter Motor: 1988 Ranger Std Trans

I have gone through several starter motors bought from various retailers trying to get one that properly engages the flywheel on my 1988 Ranger XLT 2.9L Manual Trans. Unfortunately, none of them are doing the job consistently. I have had some luck with some shimming, but it never lasts. I am...
  2. Driveshaft Installation

Okay so my rear driveshaft came off my 88 ranger 7.5". Pulled a new one off of a 94 ranger that will fit. Then I screwed up by pulling off the rear differential pinion nut without marking a reference. My questions are: How do I know how tight to turn that replacement pinion nut? How do I...
  3. Rear Drive Shaft on 1988 Ranger XLT

Shaft flew off yesterday. Whoops. It's slightly bent. Already have new U joints. Here's what I'm looking at: Front: Rear: What do I need for that front part? I'm a bit surprise that is bolted together and not just a single machines piece...
  4. Starter on '88 Ford Ranger

Bought an '88 Ranger XLT 2.9L 4X4 standard transmission recently. I have had three starters crap out and am on number four (fourth in a week). All three of the first starters lost their ability to engage the fly wheel (a lot of whirring). This most recent starter had installation instructions...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad