• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Adding spider gears/clutches to open diff carrier?

I have two 8.8's. One has the factory trac lok and the other is open. The carriers look identical except the open one is missing the spider gears and clutches. Are they the same carrier? Could I install the spider gears/clutch pack etc into an open carrier? Long story short, I have a 8.8 trac...
  2. Speedometer correction

I've searched with no luck. I'm looking to swap out my current 8.8 with a 3.08 to a 8.8 with a 3.55. My truck is a 95 and the donor rear came out of a 94. How am I going to correct the speedo? Both rears have a sensor and a tone ring with the ring gear. Do I swap those? Back when I messed with...
  3. Does anyone completely go through their new to them truck when you first get it?

Just picked up my 95 and it had one owner and 168k miles. Kept up really well and runs great. So the first thing I do is start replacing things. Makes sense I know. I really enjoy tinkering and just making things better. So I replace all the maintenance items. Plugs,wires, filters, t-stat, oil...
  4. Picked up a 95 ranger today with weird options for an xlt

Got this 95 today. 4.0 5-speed 2wd supercab. Has a lot of cool features. Not sure if seats are original. Has buckets with power lumbar and center console. Power windows and locks with factory 6-disc cd changer. Really seems loaded for a 95 xlt ranger. Really excited about it. Super clean one...
  5. HD Clutch = stiff pedal?

Looking at buying a 96 ranger. It's 5-speed and the owner is saying he had an HD clutch installed. He knows nothing else, just told the shop to put the strongest clutch in possible. Truck shifts great and clutch feels fine but the pedal effort is incredibly hard. I've had many rangers and their...
  6. More cluster swap woes

After reading multiple threads on here, I decided to swap in a cluster with a tach since my 95 2.3 5-speed didn't come with one. Found a nice on from a 2000 explorer. Direct swap and everything works great.....EXCEPT the tach and the temp gauge. The tach does NOT read correctly even though...
  7. How to get 2.3 engine to warm up?!?

I've just picked up a 95 ranger 4 cylinder. It has a good many miles on it so I thought I'd do some routine maintenance. After t-stat install, I can NOT get it to warm up to anything warmer than 175(temp gun). I flushed out radiator, heater core and all hoses. I can't even burp the system or add...
  8. 2-digit code deciphering looked at code chart

Just got truck running and back together today and it was bucking and acting crazy. Would idle fine then shut off instantly but wouldn't drive well at all. Check codes and they are 14, 18, 87, 88. I read their description but don't understand what they mean. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
  9. Semi-faulty relay???

I just figured out why my 91 ranger 2.3 wouldn't fire. The coil pack and ICM are not getting 12 volts. Only 1 or 2 volts and sometimes saw upwards of 7 volts but thats it. Ran a wire straight from the battery to the 12v power wire of the coil pack and truck fired right up. What would only allow...
  10. New truck not firing

Just picked up a 91 ranger 2.3 thats not firing. new timing belt and just confirmed it is on correctly. How do you test the crankshaft sensor? Or do you just gamble for $120? Also, truck had no spout connector, is this normal to be missing on DIS systems?
  11. Blower motor only works on high??

Tried searching and I can't find anyone with this problem. My blower motor only works with it is set to high. Every other setting does not work. I replaced the switch itself but thats not it. Any ideas?? Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad