• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 89rangerfun

sputters between idle and 2krpm

OK it's an 89 ranger 2.9 5 speed 4x4 pretty much stock besides a 4.0 clutch/starter/flywheel a custom snorkel electric fans and ghetto exhaust with no O2 sensor. The problem is that between idle and 2k rpm it sputters has no power and jerks violently. but once u get past 2k rpm it feels 100%...
  2. 89rangerfun

throttle cable frozen

So found out yesterday after playing in some snow that it seems my throttle cable is frozen stuck. The pedal wouldn't push in and it obviously wouldn't get any gas. so I popped the hood and looked at everything. It all looks fine no snow or ice built up. I couldn't get the throttle to move at...
  3. 89rangerfun

35ttb or 44ttb?

So I am planning to over haul my 89 ranger as soon as I get back from deployment and I have a large list of parts on order and a massive pile already sitting in my garage but one thing I cant make my mind up on is should I keep my 35ttb I have waiting or go to a 44ttb? so my plans for this truck...
  4. 89rangerfun

remote start

1989 single cab 5 speed 2.9 4x4. Trying to install remote start and there's a wire that's supposed to go to a "parking brake wire" but I can't find one. Does anyone know where it would be or the amount of voltage so I can fool the remote start system into working. Any help would b great.
  5. 89rangerfun

cold start up issues

So I have had multiple problems with this motor when it comes to idling and start up. Its an 89 2.9 5speed 4x4 single cab. At first it would idle at 2k ended up being a vacuum line fixxed that everything was good. Then the TPS decided it wanted to randomly go into full open and try to red line...
  6. 89rangerfun

Drift truck.

OK so I have a buddy selling his old 91 extended cab 2wd 4.0 5 speed ranger for $200. It needs a new trans but that's not a hard to fix on the cheap. So I already have a DD and a trail truck but I have been wanting to build something I could take to local drift and autocross events just to...
  7. 89rangerfun

random high revs

OK 1989 single cab 2.9 5speed 4x4 83kmiles. Sometimes when I start the truck it is fine idles at 1200-1500 until it warms up after a min or 2 and then settles at 800. Other times it starts up idles at 2k and slowly creeps to 3-4k no matter what I do it trys to stay at 3-4k. When I out it in gear...
  8. 89rangerfun

After market sunroof

So I've seen many older Toyotas and Nissans with sun roofs before. I would like to install in on my 89. I don't care for full sliding back to open but just pop up or even completely removing it would be cool. Has anyone done this or seen anyone that has?
  9. 89rangerfun

cheap front lift

So I am gathering parts for my 89. I want to do the common Chevy rear leaf swap with shackle flip and new shocks all around. Now that my rear end is going up I need to do the same to the front but I am unsure of what to do. I've read about the f150 front coil swap jeep coils and even just buying...
  10. 89rangerfun

Manual trans dead.

OK so I have a 1989 2.9L 4x4 manual shifting T case manual transmission ranger. This weekend I went out and hit some trails and on the way back my truck started acting up. I can put it in gear fine but when I go to give it gas it revs high and goes no where. I tried every gear including reverse...
  11. 89rangerfun

cheap lift help

Ok I have a 1989 single cab 4x4 5 speed 2.9 completely stock ranger. I got it to be a fun trail truck. I want to do the f150 front coils and Chevy 64 leafs with flipped shackles. My question is if I am on the right track. For the rear I want to order bell tech 6400 shackles and pull some 64...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad