• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. christw

94 3.0 MT surges between gear changes

I think I've seen this problem on here before but can't recall any potential diagnosis other than problems with the charcoal canister that I already removed from the vacuum system. Every once in a while my truck decides to surge up to 3k when I put the clutch in to shift after traveling upwards...
  2. christw

92 topaz 3.0 - will it bolt into a 94 3.0 2wd MT?

Title says it all. I found a 3.0 auto v6 with 69k from a 92 topaz. I can't find any reason they wouldn't bolt up but you guys know way better than I. (Dude says it came with a carb-I thought the Vulcan was all EFI?) Thoughts or advice? My truck has a distributor btw.
  3. christw

'94 Ranger 3.0 constant high 2k idle

Hey guys... looking for some diagnostic help. '94 3.0 5sp 2wd with 212k miles. My truck's idle has been working it's way up progressively as I've been doing work on the truck. I recently got it back from a clutch/oil pan/rear main replacement after it was dumping oil everywhere. They also fixed...
  4. christw

Uh oh! Fluid leaks appearing after the "polar vortex"

Well, after this last cold snap my truck has decided to expunge fluids in ways that it should not. When I went out this morning I saw a couple spots of this, which appears to have leaked from the back of the engine and/or oil drain plug these past few days. Other things I saw at a glance: oil...
  5. christw

Upgrading my stereo on a $100 budget

My new to me work truck came to me with more problems than I'd thought. By now, I have less than $100 to spend on the stereo. I started with these weird blown Pioneer speakers. Door speakers? What door speakers! The head unit is probably older than the internet. 40 watts... max? It feels like...
  6. christw

Fault in start position - No start, total electrical failure

Well, one thing after another... I just ran into a whole new issue. I had to leave my truck at the gas station because of this. Symptoms: -Turn the key and it sounds like the starter or relay clicked and instantly has total electrical failure. No headlights, no nothing. -If I whacked the...
  7. christw

Rebuild log '94 3.0 5sp 2wd ext cab - New truck, new problems!

Build log '94 3.0 5sp 2wd ext cab - New truck, new problems! Skip to the red * to avoid the long winded version! :D Hi guys, I've been lurking this website all week since a "buddy" of mine showed up with a '99 Ranger 3.0 + 4R44E auto ext cab (121k mileage) and asked for help. It's been a great...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad