• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Drive with open manifold to shop?

My brother is getting a new exhuast on his truck tomorrow. In doing so, we had to change one of the manifolds to get rid of the OEM warm air choke manifold. Obviously the pipe won't bolt up to that side now. The exhuast shop is less than 4 miles away. Would he be alright to drive it there...
  2. So, I was bullied by a Prius last night...

I was enjoying a nice, peaceful cruise home after a particularly hard shift at work when a Prius driver decided that he didn't like me for some reason. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact I was driving my '66 F100 (probably). After putting up with jerk for a few miles, I decided...
  3. Head Gasket Leak!

I have a head gasket leaking exhaust only (audible pft pft pft) in a ford 390. It's probably a bad idea to drive it right?
  4. Rebuilt motor lifter tick

First off, I wasn't sure where to put this. If it's in the wrong place, sorry! I recently aquired a '66 f100 with a 390 that was rebuilt 3k miles ago. Since driving it around, it has developed a tick on one of the lifters. Besides checking oil pressure, does anybody have suggestions on...
  5. Ceiner Edition Ranger?

Looks like a Shadow to me: http://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/4965654067.html I've already sent the dude an email to see if he still has it. Sunroof too!
  6. How to Remove Ignition Cylinder W/O key?

Just picked up a Gen 1 steering column at the JY, but it didn't have a key. I'd like to switch ignition cylinders from my current column. Is there a way to remove the cylinder from the column w/o the key without destroying the column?
  7. Dim dash lights?

Lately the dash lights in my '84 ranger have been pretty dim. I'd say 1/2 brightness. That being said, the signal lights (turn signal, high beam, dummy lights etc) are all fine. Only the green backlighting is dim. Any ideas? Possibly a fuseable link?
  8. What are these parts?

I was at the JY the other day nabbing a few parts out of a later 1st gen and saw these two things mounted up above the glovebox inside the dash. The bigger one had some sort of buzzer inside. The smaller one was tucked up to the right of the glovebox. The bigger one plugs into that big 'ole...
  9. A/F ratio question

I'm pretty sure my A/F ratio is off. It's an '84 with a carbd' 2.8 I am at work so I can't check vacuum or my plugs right now, but the exhaust has more than normal steam when warming up and the exhaust odor is pretty strong. It doesn't smell like gas, but it stinks real bad and does burn the...
  10. DIY Battery Tray

To say that the battery tray in my '84 Ranger was useless would be an understatement: So I fabbed one up over the summer while replacing the auto with a 5-speed and rebuilding the 2.8. It's so study I actually jumped on it and it didn't budge. :D Another plus, the battery didn't move an...
  11. I Wrecked my Beloved Ranger :(

I was on my way to see family for the holiday when traffic stopped suddenly. I had lots of room between me and the car in front of me, but I learned just how far one slides on a wet road. I hit the car at about 30 mph and shoved it into a car in front of it. I probably totaled the Honda (middle...
  12. Need Help Finding a Part

I'm trying to find the multifunction switch for my '84 Ranger that combines the turn signals, low/high beams, AND the horn. All I can find are switches that don't include the horn. Any idea/part number? I have searched high and low with no luck at all. :dunno: BTW, here's what the lever...
  13. 2WD to TTB swap

First off, sorry for asking such a common question, but I didn't find anything specifically addressing first gen rangers with a 2WD to Dana 35 swap. This summer's project was converting the ranger to a 5-speed. Next summer's project is to put a Dana 35 up front. I'm not looking to bash the...
  14. 1350 vs. 1356 parts compatability

If I wanted to replace the shift forks and oil pump on my 1350 t-case, will ones for a 1356 t-case work? I ask because I can find parts all day long specifically for the 1350.
  15. Engine cross members

Are the engine cross members on the 4x4 1st gen Rangers the same, or are they different according to the engine that they hold up?
  16. Bronco/Ranger doors

Are the doors and fenders on 1st gen Bronos/Rangers interchangable? I'd think so, but I just wanna double check.
  17. Truck Widths

Is there a width difference between gen 1 and gen 2 rangers?
  18. A/C compatibility

Okies, the '84 Ranger has no A/C, not a problem unless is the dead of summer! As far as the bracketry, pulleys and fan housing are concerned, can they come off a 2.9 engine? My truck has a 2.8. I ask because they look like they could and I can't find a 2.8 with A/C at all. Finding A/C on a...
  19. M50D 4x4 question

I currently have a 2wd M50D in the Ranger. Is putting a transfer case on as simple as taking the tail-housing off or will the output shaft be too short?
  20. Missing Carb pieces....

I'm not sure if this in the right place, but I really could use some help. Earlier in the year, the manual choke broke on the ranger (2.8 engine). Since it was warm, I didn't bother with replacing it. Now that it is beginning to get cold out I went ahead and got an electric choke for the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad