• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Driveline vibration origin.

I recently discovered an odd source of a driveline vibration in my '96 Ranger supercab. Shakes at freeway speeds. Replaced the center bearing carrier assembly. No joy. Had the driveshaft assembly checked at the driveline shop. All good. Discovered that BOTH axle shafts were bent ('96 had a soft...
  2. Driveline vibration. '96 3.0L Supercab 2wd, stick, two piece driveshaft.

Bought the truck a few years back, had some vibration at speed, figured that the well worn tires were unbalanced. Looked hard for a center carrier bearing, found a NOS one at the local driveshaft shop. Felt the same as old one, but replaced it anyway. Bought 4 new tires, got worse. Multiple...
  3. Puzzling oil leak.

2000 3.0L 4x4 suddenly started leaking oil and water. No water in oil pan, or oil in coolant. Oil was running down the pass front of the block, just under the head, next to the chain case area. Steam cleaned the engine, pulled the hoses and belt off to get a better view, and ran the engine for...
  4. 3.0L bad oil leak and some water loss.

Everything below the head is covered with oil, back to the trans. Coolant level is low, no pressure. Not overheating. No coolant in oil (no foam on dipstick). Runs fine. 2000 4x4. Has maybe a couple thousand miles on what I was told by previous owner was heads, water pump, radiator, and other...
  5. Bad Crank Position Sensor?

I've got a 2000 short cab/short bed 3.0L 4x4 auto that won't quite start. Been sitting with a bad trans, but ran nice. Made the mistake of taking off the coil to swap onto my '96 to diagnose a rough engine. The 2000 coil was mounted backwards, so when I put it back I rotated it to the correct...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad