• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Woods-Rider

New front bumper (almost done)

built this thing last weekend when i went home from school for mothers day (where my welder is). Its almost done, just need to add some plate to the sides to cover that gap to the lower outside of the lights and add a small stinger to hold my two round 6" procomp 130W lights upside down over the...
  2. Woods-Rider

squeaky steering wheel

my steering wheel squeaks when i turn it. i think there is just dust or something in it somewhere but i cant figure out how to get it off. it doesnt sound like its coming from the steering column, but from in the wheel its self. i have this style but mine is an '04.
  3. Woods-Rider

Torsion Crank Question

I first cranked my torsion bars about 3 years ago and have made some adjustments here and there since then. Now my drivers side is almost maxed out and this is how it sits. I know this doesn't look bad, but for being almost maxed my A-arms seem pretty level. Any advice?
  4. Woods-Rider

Mounted a shovel and ax

As the title says. here's a few pics. The ax: The shovel: What do you guys think?
  5. Woods-Rider

Doin the 63" Chevy leaf swap.

I have been looking around for some lift springs for a while to get rid of my stacked blocks but just cant justify the $$$ for a new pack. I'm planning on swapping in the chevy leafs then making some shackles to compensate for the rest (need a total of 6" to get rid of both blocks). I was out at...
  6. Woods-Rider

How many spline? Hes i have looked.

So i have a 2004 FX4 (not level II) and want to know how many spline my 8.8 is. I have read a mix of "level II's and explorers are 31 spline, all other rangers are 28" and "FX4's and explorers are 31 while all other rangers are 28". I just want to know if both the FX4 and FX4 Level II are 31 or...
  7. Woods-Rider

Where/How do you guys secure your shovel, ax and fire extinguisher?

As the title says where and how do you guys secure your shovel, ax and fire extinguisher? pics would be awesome!
  8. Woods-Rider

4wd slipping, watter in diff.

When in 4wd the front drivetrain slips about every minute or so and its very noticeable. at speed it feels like a jolt as it disengages and about one or two seconds later it is working again. this has been going on for a few weeks now. tonight i took off the drivers side CV joint and axle...
  9. Woods-Rider

Fabbing up for coilovers on '99s and up?

I know there are some kits out there such as RCD and Dixon Bros that eliminate the torsion bars with coilovers. i wanted to know if there was anyone out there that has just bought the coilovers and fabbed up the brackets? How much work was involved and what did you do? i am tired of my ground...
  10. Woods-Rider

Engine code, what does it mean?

My check engine light came on when coming back from a light wheeling adventure. the code is po171 and it says "system to lean (Bank 1)". what does this mean? I have the automatic trans. thanks in advance.
  11. Woods-Rider

Blown CV joint

I have looked around and can't find much on the new IFS D35's. I was wheelin in the snow yesterday chained up in the front and found a guy WAY stuck in a stock suburban (don't ask me what he was doing trying to drive in 2+ feet of snow). so being the good amaritan that i am i hooked up to him...
  12. Woods-Rider

Heavy Duty tire chains

So i just went though my second set of Les Schwab tire chains in two wheelin trips. i take the broken set in and they replace it for free, but i dont want to have to do this every time. i have the chain link ones (not cable) but i need something better. my dad has some old chain ones that he has...
  13. Woods-Rider

Ground down cross pin

I've heard that when installing a no-slip in the rear 8.8 LS carrier that you can just grind down the stock cross pin instead of using the weaker notched one. anyone have some pics of their ground stock pin?
  14. Woods-Rider

Camber problem. Help!

I noticed i had some negative camber a little while ago and couldn't figure out the problem since it was adjusted all the way positive. I had my truck in the shop on Monday to have some gears installed and while it was in there i had them take a look at it. they said it was bad inner tie rod...
  15. Woods-Rider

Replacing tie rod ends and bearing hub

my stock inner tie rod ends are shot so i need to install some new ones (moog was recommended by some people) and a new drivers front bearing hub is in order as well (any suggestions on a brand?). my question is, how hard are these to replace yourself, any special tools required, time it takes...
  16. Woods-Rider

No-Slip Question

I was talking to a respected mechanic of my area (leonard of Leonard's Off-Road for those of you in Oregon who may know him) and he said not to put a No-Slip into my L/S carrier. he said it will grenade after a while due to the cross pin. from this site i have heard noting but good things about...
  17. Woods-Rider

Shackles to gain 4" and lose stock block

ok, so i've been running staked blocks (i know) for about 3 years now with no problems yet (thank God), but i really want to get rid of them both. new springs are a little out of my budget i think (like 300 for a pair of 6" SJ softrides right? did a search and couldnt find any for rangers, just...
  18. Woods-Rider

Loose tie rod ends

i took my ranger in to have an alignment because i have some gnarly camber. tires look like this / \. the guy said he couldn't align it because i was at the end of the adjustment and that i have loose tie rod ends. need some help on what to do. do i need new tie rod ends? if so how much do...
  19. Woods-Rider

allignment

is it easy enough to align the D35 IFS? i have some major camber issues on my front pass tire. this is what my wheels look like from the front. / |. if its a do it yourself job what do i need to do?
  20. Woods-Rider

shift points and idle messed up

when i am in park my idle is around 2000, but if i am in drive or reverse and on the brake then its at a normal 1000 or so. also, something is going on with my shifting. it is shifting very rough and to get it to shift i need to get it up to like 4000 rpm or more and sometimes it wont shift at...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad