• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Is it possible to put a transmission and engine into 1991 3.0 together?

I have removed/replaced both together and by myself. Keeping the engine and tranny together wasn't so bad but doing it alone is painfully slow. Get help if you can.
  2. GAS TANK QUESTION RE: 94 2wd standard cab AUTO long bed

I've never tried to put the larger tank in one, but I don't know why you couldn't. i have a '94 with the larger tank and a '97 with the smaller. the extra capacity seems to be at the front of the tank. For me, I would stay with the smaller tank just for the ease of taking it off. The longer...
  3. HELP: clutch pedal position switch jumper on auto tran

What is the purpose of the jumper between pins 1 and 2 on the clutch pedal position switch on a 1997 auto transmission 4r44e? This is the jumper between the gray/red and the light blue/yellow wires. I just replaced my engine with manual trans. with another engine and auto transmission. I...
  4. How to disconnect the 4r44e connector??

What's the secret to disconnecting the main connector on the 4r44e transmission. I want to test some circuits but am having trouble seeing how to get the connector separated. I don't want to break it. Thanks.
  5. NEED HELP with auto transmission mystery

I hope someone can give me some hints as to where to go with my problem as I’m about ready to pull my hair out over this one. I bought a donor truck for the engine and transmission to put in my 1997 Ranger. Both the engine and transmission were in good shape. I drove the donor truck for 50+...
  6. Question about PCM and tranny

I’ve just swapped a ’97 3.0 v-6 with 4r44e transmission from one ranger to another. The donor engine/tran was running and shifting great when I bought it (I drove it several times for quite a few miles). Now that it is in, the transmission is shifting late and shifts are hard. My question...
  7. Need help with ground locations on 3.0 vulcan

I'm finishing up putting a 3.0 Vulcan into my 1994 Ranger. I've got the engine, frame, and body grounds attached, but there are two more that I don't know where they go. With the engine, but not attached to it, were two of the braided, flat ground wires. One is about 8" long with a clip on...
  8. Need help locating wiring connectors

I've got a '97 3.0. The three large wiring connectors that go through the firewall to the interior are connectors c134, c135, and c136. Can someone tell me which is which? Are they numbered from top to bottom or bottom to top? The diagram that I have is too small to make sure of which is...
  9. Engine swap questions

I'm still trying to figure out ahead of time what problems I'm going to have swapping a '97 3.0 engine/tran into my '94 2.3L Ranger. I'm not doing this for speed or such, just to replace a very tired engine. I'm wondering what problems I'll run into putting an OBD-II engine/tran into an OBD-I...
  10. Question about brake failure

A rear brake line broke yesterday on my '94 Ranger, and I was left with no brakes at all. I thought the dual master cylinder setup on vehicles was supposed to leave you with brakes on two wheels if a line broke. Why did I have no brakes? What happened yesterday felt no different than what...
  11. Manual/crank windows?

What was the last year that the Ranger had crank windows? Thanks.
  12. question about two-piece driveshaft

I've got the '94 extended cab with the two-piece driveshaft. Can someone give me an idea of how much play there should be in the slip joint on the driveshaft? I'm trying to track down a slight vibration, and there seems to be a good bit of play in that joint. I don't know, though, how much is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad