• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Another no spark conundrum...

So...87 with a 2.9 liter....it's now my dad's truck. He was driving home one night and it just died....no sputter, just cut out like the key turned off.... We've about flipped the truck just searching for a problem....New ignition coil, cap and rotor, wires.... it needed the tune up...
  2. Check engine light not existant from factory

87 Ranger,2.9liter...ive been wondering why i never got a CEL....even during the start...i pulled the dash and theres no bulb...plastic covers the socket like the "water in fuel" or "rear diff lock" light spots are...from factory...there is no wire leading to its spot on the pigtail that plugs...
  3. 87'. looking for steal braided barke lines, need specs/help!!!!

i have a 2.9,4wd 87 ranger xlt. its not lifted at all...frankly i hate rubber brake hoses...and they tend to burst on me XD lucky i havent been in an accident yet....anyways im looking for steel braided lines and found some sources... my only issue is idk what the ends are...i think theyre both...
  4. 87 speedometer conversion (mechanical-electronic)

after all of my experience im frankly kind of tired of mechanical speedo's. i have an itching to attempt an electronic conversion that doesn't need a computer, if thats even possible.my uncle managed to do this but with an electric motor behind the original mechanical speedo to keep the mileage...
  5. aftermarket tachometer issues

Ive got an 87 ranger that didnt come with a tachometer stock. i installed a small sunpro on it and it worked for a little while, but then gave out(needle never rose) now ive got a new Equus tach, but its having the same issue. ive got a good ground on it. i tapped into the green wire pretty...
  6. Absolutely horrible MPGs

I couldnt find hardly if any similar issue elsewhere on the forum. I have an 87 XLT with a 2.9...in the neighborhood i get around 10 mpg, i never do highway because of the remote area i live in. the engine has over 400k miles on it so its not so surprising. the engine has always had this issue...
  7. Supercharging a 2.9l?

I have an 87 2.9l manual. Its a great engine but it just needs a little "oomph". my question is can the engine even handle it? its pushing 350k miles. and is it even possible to do it to this engine? or should i just swap in a whole new 302? Any input is greatly appreciated
  8. Unkown model, possibly rare? or just an idiotic add-on?

I currently own an 87 Ranger XLT....what confuses me is it has factory emblems on both sides with a "Hot 1" design. I'm currently about to set off repainting the body, as it had these really cheesy white stripes on it that apparently came with it brand new, with the emblems. ...So my question is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad