• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mikeE72

gt40 heads on 302 speed density motor

anyone run a set of gt40 or gt40p heads on a 86-88 302 speed density motor. i know most people pick up a good gain in power and ive got a chance to pick up a set of gt40(p) heads for my truck for 300 and they only have 35000 miles on them.my one concern is that ive heard of the speed density...
  2. mikeE72

anyone got a ranger on rockwells

hey all havent posted in a while but i still troll the forums a little. finally getting back to working on the ranger but im going in a different direction now. the truck is 2wd with an 302ho and aod in it. plans are to convert from 2wd to 4wd and figure while im at it might as well go big or go...
  3. mikeE72

Tranny behind the 2.3

Hey all I might be getting an 87 ranger 4x4 that has a 2.3l and 5 SPeed manual Mitsubishi trains I think. The guy says it's stuck in 5th gear. Is there any way to fix this and if not what Trannys could bolt up in it's place thanks in advance
  4. mikeE72

gt40p heads work with hedman swap headers

hey all im back to workin on my 88 302 swap now that the 90s done. now im looking to force induct this one and am looking to get a little better flow outa the heads so I was thinking of swaping to the gt40p heads out of an explorer. I was just wondering if these would work with me swap headers
  5. mikeE72

big block swap

hey everyone ive been thinking lately of swaping a big block ford such as a 460 or 429 into my 88 ranger. i already have a 90 single cab shortbed with a 86 5.0 ho motor with an aod trans which runs pretty good but in order to make serious power with it i would need to heavily modify it...
  6. mikeE72

sub problems

hi all, i recently purchased a set of mtx 10in thunder 4000 subs along with a band pass box, thunder6500 amp, a cap, and anouther bandpass box with two 12in sony explode subs in it. i just tested everything and the amp, sony 12s, and cap check out fine. but before i purchased these items i...
  7. mikeE72

testing an amp

hey all just bought a power acoustic 960w 4ch amp n the guy assured me that it worked and i was short on time so after a good lookin over i bought it for 35 bucks but when i got home i noticed bolth fuses were blown so i started talking to one of my friends whos into audio and he told me to run...
  8. mikeE72

budget system

srry i didnt no if i should put this under non rbv or the audio and video so here it is. my question is thati have a goal to have the best system on flats on a low budget. as of now i have a sony cdx m30 head unit with the sub pre amp outputs and i have it amplified by one of these...
  9. mikeE72

gas savers

hey yall ive seen alot of so called gas savers now adays and dont think many of them work.has anyone ever used one of thesehttp://slrmotorsports.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=263 i could see how they might give you better gas milage because you make more power so you dont have to get on...
  10. mikeE72

newwbie to audio (pioneer 12 in subs)

has any one ever used these subs i thought they were a pretty good deal but tell me what you think.http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19070 i am going to be putting them in the back of my now dd explorer and need to know all i can about them. alos i know very...
  11. mikeE72

ford explorer

how much would you guys pay for a 95 explorer 4 dr with a v6 i am not sur of the size im pretty sure its a v6 and also its got 75000 on it. my neighbors selling one in good cond. plus shes the original owner and is in her 70s:3gears:. j/w what you think is reasonable to pay
  12. mikeE72

4.0L identification

how can i tell what year my 4.0 is thanks
  13. mikeE72

will a 88 2.9L harness fit a 93 4.0L

my 2.9 just blew today and the 4L my friend had for me doesnt have a wirring harness so i was wondering if mine would fit and if so what do i have to do to make it work. if it doesnt fit i need all the wiring i can get for a 4l so pm me if your sellin one...
  14. mikeE72

bullet proof baja rbv

hi, i am 15 years old and in three to four years i will be runing the baja 1000. as of now i have a 88 rnager with a 2.9 that in a few weeks will be swapped for a four liter. i have taken this truck out plenty of times and ran it on our trainin grounds (my friend owns 1800 acres) i love the way...
  15. mikeE72

auto trade deals

has anyone ever heard of auto trade deals ( www.autradeals.com ).or used them. i contacted a guy about maybe buying his truck but he wants to go through this site i am not very trustworthy of some of these internet sites and would hate to lose a couple grand to one of thes scum bags. any info is...
  16. mikeE72

2.9 to 3.0 litre swap

hi took the truck out again today and as usual something else is broke. this time its a decent knock and no one agrees on where its coming from. at this point i am ready to ditch this motor and through something else in. a 5.0 litre would be great but i really dont need all the power and i think...
  17. mikeE72

direct short, what do i do?

after working for two days putting an oil pump in i took my truck out for a short ride. when i got back the check engine light came on and when i tried to start it again to show my dad the engine wouldnt turn over. all we heard was click like the battery was dead so after a full day of charging...
  18. mikeE72

one problem after another

after a long day of changing an oil pump we had to start it to see if our work was worth while and when i started it we knew it was. the ticking is 99.95% gone and isnt noticable at idle and just barely noticable with the windows open at upwards of 3000 rpm.while in our hast to finish bolth of...
  19. mikeE72

home built lift

hi its mike i was wondering if i could do the f150 coil swap the f150 buckets and 1 in. of washers in the front and the explorer leaf springs and 4x4 blocks in the back to come out with a leveld 4 inches of lift. if i did do this i was wondering if i would have enough adjustment using all other...
  20. mikeE72

oil pump replacement

hi i was wondering if anyone out there had some experience replacing oil pumps and had some tricks or tips to share. i have the haynes manual and it describes it as a pritty big job. also it says you have to lift the engine off of the engine mounts is there any way to get around this. lastly...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad