• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97 4.0 No start after tune-up

1997 XLT was bought running rough like a misfire (was told bad gas) so I figured I'd do a tune up. Replaced -Air filter -Spark plugs xWires looked decent -Drained fuel from tank (assumed it was old, put $10 premium in it) new fuel filter Cleaned -MAF -IAC -TB Figured I'd check firing order as...
  2. Coyote Ugly:97 Ranger build

Back again with another build. First was a 91 Explorer, then a 99 Ranger, now a 97 Ranger. I was looking for a cheap truck to build up and came across this one. I bought it for drivetrain primarily... 4.0 SOHC, 5 speed, electric t case (����), and 8.8. Got her in the dark, drive home with no...
  3. Mazda cab on Ranger frame?

I have a 97 Ranger that was laid on its side and the top of the cab is bent. Figured it'll be easier to replace the cab than try to repair it. Cabs around me are 400+ and I found a 94 Mazda B4000 that I can get for 300. Question is, will the cab fit onto the frame? Also, instead of replacing...
  4. New taillights!

During replacing of my stock tails, I was kinda unsure of what tails to us, 01-05 or 06+. I did the 3-2 bulb setup and figured I will figure it out later. After the swap, I finally decided on my 2010 taillights over my 2001-2005s. Took it and had the truck washed and then took some photos at...
  5. Stepside rides... Show 'em off!

Post up a pic or two and the mods you've done, let's see what you've got! 1999 Ranger XLT Silverstar 6k bulbs Destickered the tailgate (not really a mod) Flames Glo-guages
  6. The Final Step

I'm calling my new truck "The last step", because I looked at about 12 stepsides before deciding on this truck. Details: Stats Truck 1999 Ranger XLT 4x4 D.O.B. 04/99 Cab Super cab Bed Stepside Wheelbase 126 Motor 3.0L V6 Tranny Manual / 5 spd Gear Ratio 3.73 Suspension Stock Tires 235/75R15...
  7. My new D.D.

After 2 Weeks of fighting dealers, I walked out happy with my new truck 1999 Ranger Stepside 2 Door, 5 speed, 3.0L (FF?) I drove home with permagrin to say the least. 6k for a truck with 84470 on it! And some interior shots... The numbers on the gauges are red, Flames...
  8. 4.10s in place of my 3.73s?

I have 3.73s in my ranger right now with the 2.9 and 235's. I have a parts bronco with 4.10 gears. is it worth it to swap to them for now? Later on, a year or so from now, I will probably swap to a 8.8 but til then I wanna run 31's...
  9. Tranny issues, clutch or slave?

My truck (1988 ranger,2.9,5 spd) has been having issues lately with the tranny... I think. It is hard to get in gear sometimes, and when driving it slugs the engine down. You can feel it grabbing and releasing throughout each gear. After shifting it into gear, it'll almost die. The engine will...
  10. HELP!!! 2.9 is gutless (duh)

I've been having issues with my new truck lately. At first, it was sluggish, coming from a 4.0 explorer with a 5 speed, I was expecting it. Then I started realizing that, THIS AIN'T RIGHT! I replaced plugs (bosch super+platinum) and wires, did an oil change (castrol 10W-30 GTX, Fram SuperGuard...
  11. 1988 PreRanger

Hey guys, Flexy again with a new build. Me and the wife are planning on buying a house soon and the Explorer is killing me on gas. I found a *MINT* 1988 ranger extended cab, 4wd, manual t-case, manual hubs, and all manual accessories inside that I am gonna start building up soon. I wanna...
  12. Sliders

I've been quite busy lately armoring my truck up. So without further ado... Here are the beginning of my sliders. Mock up with fenders hanging still. Passenger side on and ready to be end capped, grinded. Passenger rear mount, Not the prettiest weld but talk about penetration... there...
  13. Roof Rack

So I was bored today, unemployed, and decided I wanted to fire up my welder. I looked around and found some 3/4" square tube with a semi thick wall and decided I had enough to build a roof rack. Used my sawzall for cutting so nothing was PERFECTLY straight as far as cuts but anyways... 46"...
  14. Help!!!

Hey i'm looking for a turck build i seen the other day that I can't find again... it was a red single cab with round tube sliders, and had a urban camo paintjob on the back of the bed. it looks a lot like bray d's truck. it was a red single cab. I've searched the internet everywhere, all the...
  15. School me on a Homemade doubler

What all do I need to do a homemade doubler? Whats the cost for a doubler? how does a doubler work? etc?
  16. Budget REbuild (4.0/A4LD)

So the Explorer is turning 300,000 miles over soon and I decided a new engine would be my gift to Brittany (the explorer). A friend had gotten an explorer with a blown transmission that the guy tried to dissassemble and rebuild. He failed on that and gave up after dissassembly. So my friend got...
  17. Safari Pacific MX2 Build

this thread combined with expedition portal inspired me to build my explorer into a expedition/overland rig rather than rock crawler... so on comes the sleeping platform/cargo box, more economic engine (rebuild), skinnier taller tires, gearing etc... possibly a RTT
  18. Redmond OR Pick n pull

There is a NICE 4" lift on an explorer right now.... just a fyi
  19. How to: Auto to manual transfer case

(THIS IS ALL BY MEMORY SO DISREGARD ANY SMALL MISTAKES I MADE WHEN WRITING THIS) Vehicle: 1991 Explorer 4 door. Auto transmission. My auto push button transfer case in my 1991 explorer decided that it didn't wanna work for me anymore. I replaced the shift motor, module, push button, fuses...
  20. stumped on 4x4 engagement issue

I have a 91 ford explorer with the auto auto combo... (i hate it)... the transfer case won't engage in 4 hi or 4 lo. i push the button and ... nothing... i've went through the trouble shooting and the only thing i am finding out is the t case motor is not gettin power, clockwise or...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad