• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Speedometer/vss circuit troubleshooting

I have a 1996 Ford Ranger 4.0 5 speed long-box standard cab 2 wheel drive truck with no power windows. mirrors or locks. The speedometer has recently stopped working and I have found something that does NOT make any sense. with the ECU plug connected or disconnected and the engine-cab connector...
  2. 171-174 codes

My trusty '96 LongRanger started thowing P0171/174 codes recently and I was finding the truck a little down on power and harder to get good mileage. Now back in my younger days, my engines alway had a "lean code" because I drove Mopar slant sixes and 2.3 Vauxhalls -but that was before the days...
  3. LED lighting on 1996 Ranger

I decided to upgrade the truck to LED parking, tail, brake and signal bulbs. I got some decent looking LED 3156 and 3157 bulbs and found out it wasn't that simple!!! Either they didn't light up or they didn't get brighter with the brake or signals on. I took a bulb apart and found they were not...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad