• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Whine from in-tank fuel pump

My 2003 4L is running fine. I'm just worried about it before we take a long road trip. I can hear the high-pitched whine while I'm in the cab, the engine is running, and the windows are down, but not when the windows are up. I tracked it to the low-pressure fuel pump by getting under the truck...
  2. A/C low side pressure fluctuates and compressor cycles

I'm posting this just to document a symptom I didn't find on TRS. Long story short: solved by carefully adding refrigerant. Symptoms: 1. Air blowing just barely below ambient temperature 2. Compressor clutch would engage for 3 seconds, disengage for 5 seconds, and repeat, even with all A/C...
  3. Too lean, both banks, under load... fuel pressure?

2003 4.0 SOHC, ~120k mi. I'm getting too-lean trouble codes on both banks. Here are two freeze frames, a day or two apart, the second one after MAF cleaning: DTCFRZF P0174 P0174 FUELSYS1 CL CL FUELSYS2 N/A N/A LOAD_PCT(%) 56.1 87.5 ETC(degF) 190...
  4. 2003 Console latch fix

The photo says it all.
  5. Starts only after cranking for about 10 seconds

2003 4.0L 4WD, 110k miles. When I start from cold the engine smoothly cranks for the first several seconds, then fires up. If I turn the key to "on," wait a second for the fuel pump to stop, turn the key to "off," repeat, then start, the engine fires up fine. If, after idling awhile, I turn...
  6. misfiring only for first minute

I have a 1998 Ranger 3.0 V6 auto with 191K miles. About 75% of the time that I fire it up, cylinder 1 misfires until about one minute passes. When I drive it around for a while, turn it off for 10 minutes, and turn it back on, it again misfires for about a minute. I know it's cylinder 1...
  7. Fan clutch removal using fan belt

When you try to remove the fan clutch, the pulley very likely slips against the belt so nothing loosens -- even when you remember that you're trying to loosen a left-hand thread. I've seen suggestions to buy a special tool, but I found another way using the parts on hand: simply re-route the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad