• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fabricator

bad day for me and my ranger

Well I'm down and out for a while on my new ranger build. My other ranger just got impounded for being too tall and I got a nice fine. I should say i finally got caught I was 8 inches over the limit and now I gotta wait till I get $1200 to get it back and I'm having a hard time now gettin back...
  2. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

why should i get rid of the drums ? and they make a conversion for that (sounds expensive) i got it out of a 76 chevy 30 van. also what kind of discs and calipers would i use?
  3. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

OK i give up on trying to find a complete sterling so i said f-it and now i got a full floating GM 14 Bolt Corporate. so here it is Tell me what ya think
  4. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

Hey guys so here's an update on the axles the adapters i got from ebay were junk and they broke once i put them on the wheels 2 of the studs pulled right through the adapter so now im in the process of looking for some ideas on getting 8 lug ttb dana 44 hubs rotors and calipers or even 3/4 ton...
  5. Fabricator

My Frankinstine 1987-91 Ranger build

When i first got my ranger it was a stock 1987 ranger with the 2.3l auto. then it got into an accident and i got a cab, engine, and trans off of a beat ranger that was a dual plug 2.3l with a 5 speed stick shift 2wd. it was goin good for a while but then i remembered what it was like to drive in...
  6. Fabricator

My F250 HD Powerstroke

Hey all im just showin what i got and shes a good old girl 1997 ford f250 hd powerstroke 7.3l diesel. let me see what yall got i love my obs fords and new ones as well. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/album.php?u=71547
  7. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

hey all sorry for not getting back to yall in a while ive been a busy guy lately. so i went to the junk yard and the d60 was gone but i still had plenty of sterling's to choose from so i got a sterling 10.25 with 4.10 gears and limited slip out of a 86 f250 it was complete drum to drum and its...
  8. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

thank yall for the advice i think im gonna go with a different sterling since the one i have has a nice hole in the casing i didnt know it had and i found more at a different junk yard i went to so they are plentiful. the one im confused about is in a 1980 f250 what rear is that ? it was a full...
  9. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

was the dana 70 a full floating rear and did they make it a from factory with a limited slip?
  10. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

how do you think the 70 will hold up or should i just go with the sterling once i get gears for it or do a dana 60,80?
  11. Fabricator

divorced np 205 vs BW 1354

hello all im debating weather or not to go with a divorced np 205 or a borg warner 1354 transfer case. my application will be in a few months a 350 to 400 hp 302 h.o with a dana 44 full width axle and i dont know yet for the rear but thats on a different fourm. and i plan on running either 35's...
  12. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

thank you RangerSVT and everyone else who helped me out ill go to the junk yard and pull either a dana 60 or the gears for my sterling i found another posibility as well anyone know anything about the dana 70 and what trucks they came in an what years?
  13. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

also to clarify the axle will be abused and worked hard. also which one would be closer to the same length of a 79 bronco dana 44?
  14. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

ok so which axle in yall's opinion would ya go with the d60, d80 or the sterling? this would just help me out in making my decision.
  15. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

@ Dangeranger how much Horse Power is your H.O making? And the use for my ranger would be daily driving hauling and playin hard off road so i want it to be strong and not have to worry about it if i punch it too hard.
  16. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

im just throwin it out there i just got off the phone with the u-pull it yard they have a 2500 dodge with the dana 80 in it would that be a better choice or should i stick with the sterling? also do yall think the sterling or the dana 80 would be close to the same length of a dana 44 hp out of a...
  17. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

oh and i almost forgot to answer some questions i plan on making around 350 to 400hp and running either a 35 or a 37 tire.
  18. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

thanks for the input im getting some good ideas. and now that it was brought up i have a sterling 10.25 out of an f250 powerstroke but it might be a little over kill for my build. for the vehicle specs im currently running a 4 banger but i have a 302 h.o on the way so ima blow up the 4 banger...
  19. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

Thank you all for your input I would go with a Ford 9inch but I can't find one anywhere near my price range. I get my axles from the u-pull it yards and I saw a gm 12 bolt with a posi in it with disc brakes for 60 bucks. So far ive only seen one Ford 9inch and it was gutted the next morning I...
  20. Fabricator

GM Vs Ford Axles

Hey all im wondering what would be the best bang for my buck by getting either a posi gm 12 bolt rear or getting a ford 8.8 or 9.75 and putting a locker in it. what do yall think?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad