• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Warning - blasphemous swap inquiry

I have a 1987 Range XLT 2WD. It's a nice truck that I paid $300 for (& $250 for a trans when I got it) and it ran great for about 2 years. Drove it from VA to the Florida Keys and back with no issue other than having to replace the carrier bearing when I got back. Unfortunately, at 183k, the...
  2. Swap a supercab onto a regular cab frame?

Ok, have a few questions. But first, here's what I have: Last fall my son bought a 95 Supercab 4x4 4.0 for $200. He wanted the axles for his 88 4x4. The only thing holding the rear frame together was the bed. However, the cab was in really good shape, so I saved it & posted it to...
  3. Need some advice on Engine swap

I've been reading about a lot of the swaps, but it always seems that my particular situation isn't covered. I have an 87 Supercab 2WD ranger. I have replaced the 2.9L V^ twice so far and it runs like crap. I have another 2.9L, but I also now have a 4.0L V6 out of a 95 Supercab 4WD. I do not...
  4. 87 Auto Trans - 2 size lines?

I have an 87 extended cab(2.9 V6) that needs a new tranny. When I search for a replacement, I find that there was a 1/4" & a 3/8" transmission line version. What is the difference between the versions? Can I swap to a different one(locating one isn't the easiest thing to do). I looked at...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad