• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 90jurassic2

Am I doing this right?

85 Ranger. Has a 5TK in it. Just replaced flywheel and slave cylinder and did a clutch kit. When I try to crack open the bleeder on the slave it feels like its stuck shut. Maybe I'm being a puss and not trying hard enough?
  2. 90jurassic2

time to regear 4.56 or 4.88??

I'm running 4:56 on 38's. I would put 4:88's in there. I lug going up hills.
  3. 90jurassic2

2.3t isn't starting

Just got my 2.3t wired up. Started and ran fine yesterday. Would start right up. It sat over-night and now when I turn the ignition it doesn't even try to start. I've looked at it, and non of the wires look bad. I'm thinking maybe bad relay? I hear them click though. I've been able to bump start...
  4. 90jurassic2

2.3t wiring help

I just picked up a 2.3t that came out of a thunderbird, I believe an '88. All the wiring is there, even the interior wiring. I've noticed a couple wires have been cut (1st concern). I'm putting it in an 85 ranger. It had a 2.3 in it to start with so I figured it wouldn't be to hard to just drop...
  5. 90jurassic2

Best option for half-ton SAS?

Or you can just get a kit from james duff that will space your coils out to the full width of the axle and not have to do any narrowing. If you're trying to make something work, just put a heeper axle in and call it golden.
  6. 90jurassic2

How big of an engine can I go on a dana 44 ttb?

Well hell man post a build thread and I'll definitely subscribe to it. Sounds like a hell of a truck.
  7. 90jurassic2

How big of an engine can I go on a dana 44 ttb?

You need to learn more about suspension. It doesn't matter if the axles will hold the weight, it matters if the axles will handle the torque. Get stiffer springs to hold the weight of the 6bt. I wanna see how you fit a 6bt in a ranger anyways
  8. 90jurassic2

Another noob 44 thread

Alright will do. I was looking at rebuild kits, but didn't really know where to start. I was looking at the bearings and they look pretty shot. I figured I'll just go junk yard lookin for the radius arms and coil buckets.
  9. 90jurassic2

Another noob 44 thread

I just picked up a dana 44 HP out of a '78 F-2Fitty for free!!! It's all torn apart, and it needs a long side shaft. I'm good with motors and suspension, but I can't seem to wrap my head around putting most of this stuff back together. I have most the parts I need, but it needs the hubs rebuilt...
  10. 90jurassic2

james duff coil buckets

I just picked up a full width 44 housing :headbang: I was reading a while back, can't remember which thread, but it said that James duff makes coil buckets that are space out to match the full width so I dint have to move the buckets at all. Any parts numbers or links to these? I found the ones...
  11. 90jurassic2

2.3 won't start

I got an 85 2.3 it if a mustang. I just dropped it in my 85 ranger. I mixed and matched a little bit, just the upper intake manifold. I'm getting spark, and fuel. It cranks over strong, just wont start. Any ideas?
  12. 90jurassic2

Turbo swap questions

I have a 85 2.3efi in my truck, but I'm gonna be a 2.3 with a carb from my buddy. I want to keep it EFI, so could I just swap the intake manifold, or the head, or any other ideas on how to do this? also since I'd be using a non turbo ECU, would I need to get it reflashed?
  13. 90jurassic2

head problems

I'm working on a 85 2.3 fuel injected. I have the head separated from the block, or at least it looks like it is. Pulled the timing, head bolts, and intake pulled out along with the alternator mounts. I've tried putting the head, but it still isn't seperating from the block. Any ideas?
  14. 90jurassic2

Rigs of Rods

Hey I'm trying to build a ranger for rigs of rods. Anyone on here good with 3d modelling or something like that?
  15. 90jurassic2

Tail lights

I have an 85 with a flatbed on it. The brake lights work, but the tail lights don't. I don't know where to start with this problem but it needs to get fixed. Any starting points?
  16. 90jurassic2

Anyone have a camper shell on their Ranger...

My custom canopy. I like the soft cover look more than the hard. I've only slept in it a couple times. I'm 6'3", so my short bed is a little scrunched up. That's all I got of it right now.
  17. 90jurassic2

Thud noise

I have an extended cab, 4.0, M5OD. Recently when I've been driving I can hear a thud noise. It hasn't been that bad, but today I went to take my truck for a little stroll down main street and the thud/clunk noise got worse. It doesn't make the noise when I put the clutch in, but when I start...
  18. 90jurassic2

Rolled 4.0

I recently put a 4.0 in my ranger. The PO rolled his truck with the motor in it. Would that cause the rear main seal to go out? He went through the top end after he rolled it and re did all the gaskets. I'm guessing he didn't pull the motor out to look at the rear.
  19. 90jurassic2

4.0 Wont Idle

I just swapped a new 4.0 into my truck. I heard the motor run before I started the swap. I just tried to turn it on after many a words and thrown bolts only to have it idle up to about 3K RPM then it tries to die. On the passenger side manifold the two middle bolts are stripped out on the head...
  20. 90jurassic2

Flywheel

I took my motor out, need to remove the flywheel. The engine keeps turning over. How can I stop the motor from turning over to loosen the bolts?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad