• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. spraymonkey

Finally decided to introduce myself

I've been on here on and off for a lil bit, been trollin and reading about some of the issues ive had with my own truck. Never really was into ford until i bought my own 1996 ford ranger xlt 4x4 and now i dont know what i would do without it . I was a pontiac guy had a grand prix for about 8...
  2. spraymonkey

super high start idle, then dies out, egr?

Alright me and my father in law did head gastkets and the rest up on my 4.0 from a 96 ford ranger, everything went went nice a smooth, the only problem is when we went to start it, the egr tube and egr valve is off it due to being rotten and we are waiting on an order of those parts to come in...
  3. spraymonkey

O2 sensor question

I have a 96 ford ranger 4x4 xlt with a 4.0, My issue is the CEL with codes P0153, P1151. The maf has been cleaned, has a new fuel filter and it seems to run just fine, Im thinking it is the 02 sensor itself because the CEL will turn on for about a day or so then go off for another day or 2...
  4. spraymonkey

Really Low Idle

My 96 ford ranger 4.0 is having a fit, it ran pretty good before but idle was a little low, so i decided to clean the IAC, shot it with some carb spray put back on and now its hitting at 100-300 rpms down from about 700 before. I check around to make sure i didnt bump anything and everything...
  5. spraymonkey

Loud single click noise from under the hood

Im having a issue every once in a while, it happens when i turn the key to on, or just after start up, or just after i stop at a stop sign or light. What happens is somewere under the hood comes a loud "CLICK", not 2 not 3, just once. It reminds me of a relay clicking but its really loud, almost...
  6. spraymonkey

factory dummy gauge question

I recently bought a 1996 ford ranger 4x4 with a 4.0L engine and Ive read through a ton a of threads about oil pressure, senders, gauges ect ect ect but im having a strange issue were when i start, run, and idle the gauge doest move, i understand its either on or off but heck it aint even in the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad