• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Whats that Rattle?

Recently purchased a '04 Ranger with the 2.3L Duratec 5 speed with 164,xxxmiles. Excited to have the fabled Duratec as I have owned a few Lima's, a 3.0 and a couple of 4.0's. But my happiness was crushed the next morning after purchase, I could hear a obvious rattle. I washed the engine at work...
  2. 2.5L Cam timing position mark.

Finishing up a bottom end overhaul on a 2.5L and starting out with a engine that had no engine plastics. So, wondering is there a mark I can use to determine cam timing without having the plastics?
  3. 2.5L Lower coolant pipe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2001-Ford-Ranger-2-5L-Water-Pump-Coolant-Hose-Inlet-Tube-OEM-F87Z-8290-BB-/191781996690 This pipe F87Z-8920-BB (Dorman PN: 902-004) is the pipe that comes out of the block, bolts to the RH accessory bracket and goes to the lower radiator hose and splits of to feed...
  4. 2001 2.5L engine failed. Salvage yard says 01 - 02 specific

Need another engine for my newly acquired '01 with the 2.5L and salvage yards are telling me 2001 and 2002 are only years I can get a engine from. What's the big difference to say, a 2008 2.5L?
  5. 1997 Ranger 2.3L Hard to start in the morning.

Ok, so 97 2.3l with automatic. Bought with hard starting issue a few months back. Would never start easy. The previous owner(fellow employee) and owner before that both state the fuel pump, filter, regulator and plugs/wires replaced in effort to cure issue with no change. I checked over truck...
  6. Swapping my 4.0 for a 2.3

Searched with the forums search function and google. Turned up nothing about putting a 2.3 in a 4.0's place. Lot of the opposite. But, looking for some information on the swap. I have a feeling like everything its not just a straight drop in so... Motor mounts. Do 2.3 mounts bolt up to the...
  7. Georgia Boy

Hello all, new guy from North East Georgia. I've owned one Ranger before a 2000 XLT 4.0 but sold it back in March with 240,000 miles on it. It was my vehicle throughout my service in the Army and kept my 10 acres in tip top shape afterwards. Well after it was sold I made due with a 1978 Ford...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad