• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Well the rust is finally starting

I've had my Bronco II for 2 years now and the salt is finally catching up to it (despite me religiously hosing it down). I'll have to fix this come spring when it warms up a bit, seems like moisture is making its way though where the two panels weld together on the inside. What is the...
  2. Bronco II Stuck in 4Hi

Tried searching but couldn't find anything on it. My 88' Bronco II is stuck in 4Hi, it has the infamous auto locking hubs with a working module. The button lights up and everything when its activated and clicks and turns off when it's deactivated but the damn thing won't get out of 4Hi! I tried...
  3. The Famed Rear Bucket Seats

I found the famed rear bucket seats on ebay!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Bronco-II-Eddier-Baurer-Sport-Utility-2-Door-NO-RESERVE-1985-Eddie-Bauer-Bronco-II-4X4-with-/370887004831?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item565a96929f&vxp=mtr#ht_760wt_1165
  4. Bronco II Overheating

My Bronco II started to overheat last night after I noticed the smell of coolant. In the last few weeks I have been towing the boat (a 1448 tracker) and I had my a/c system totally rebuilt. I did not let the gauge go past the bottom of the "N" but it started to climb rather quickly so I have no...
  5. Just found a pretty cool video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aKOayw00rSQ A nice little write up on the Bronco II and their original intentions.
  6. Operation Bronco Reshine

I got tired of looking at faded red so I grabbed some left over wax from my dad's jag and voila! Oh and I picked up and painted a tire rack from a junkyard for 25 bucks. Before- After-
  7. Towing a Boat

Summer is getting closer and with it the prospect of crabbing and fishing again. I am in a Bass fishing club and last year my dad attempted to tow a 17ft Lowe (with trailer weighs MAYBE 1000 lbs) with the little Bronco instead of his F-250 Super Duty. It pulled really poorly and at one point we...
  8. Bronco II gas mileage

I just wanted to show a website I use religiously to track my fuel economy http://www.fuelly.com/car/ I noticed there are only 6 other Bronco II's archived. The website has helped figure out when I get the the most efficient fuel economy which occurs @ around 67 mph and remains almost the exact...
  9. Bumper Guard Surface Rust

The Bronco II has a bumper guard that was in great shape a few months ago, a couple drives through the snow and running it through salted roads has quickly rusted the chrome :sad:. I was wondering if there was anyway to sand away the rust or if anyone has ever flat blacked these bumper guards...
  10. Lost Overdrive w/ left turn signal

I lost overdrive a couple months ago and my running lights went out too, turned out to be a melted switch under the dash. Replaced that and everything was fine, until today when I was driving and would turn on the left turn signal my overdrive would automatically disengage. The light for my rear...
  11. Water in cab

When it snowed a few days ago it totally soaked my front carpets. I sealed the cowl area and stopped water leaks into my cab earlier this year, I can hold a hose to the cowl and rails all day and not see a drop of water in inside. So i'm wondering if there is an area higher up within the cowl...
  12. Post your Bronco II's audio set-up here!

I've seen the audio+video section but there is very few threads there relating to Bronco II's so I figured i'd start a thread specified to Bronco II's. Right now i'm rolling with the bone stock speakers, premium speaker and the stock head unit. I really want to boost it up a bit and have been...
  13. I bought a Bronco II!

I picked up this 1988 Eddie Bauer Bronco II 4x4 (automatic) for $650 at a salvage yard a couple months ago, it has no rust, power everthing, 98,000 actual miles, drove it home from PA, and I found a 2nd Gen Ipod Nano under the seat so its already paying for itself :D. It has a salvage title...
  14. Headlight Issue

I recently bought a Bronco II to cruise around in while I work on my 76' Volkswagen Westfalia. The issue i'm having is that the headlights will flicker and turn off after I hit the highbeam/turn signal switch. I switched out the headlight switch already which fixed the instrument lights, also...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad