• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ordak

Ranger Wooden Flatbed

Hey fellas, due to the terrible Pennsylvania weather my bed is in need of replacement. I have looked for replacements but I have not found any my color or any under $700-$800. The couple that I found were almost as bad as my mine and they had more scratches and dents then mine to boot. So as an...
  2. Ordak

Electrical issues

I just recently changed my Pcv going through the inner fender on the drivers side, now I am getting major electrical issues. When headlights are off Speedometer is not working Fan/blower speed is slowed Wiper Motor is slowed Sun pro tach goes and hovers around 8 Right turn signal on dash is...
  3. Ordak

Blower

My blower is not working on 2 or 3 correctly. The 1st setting is the same for 2&3 but 4 works normally. I have changed the blower resistor twice with no resolution. Could it be the switch? I have tested the resistor with a volt meter and there is little change between 1 & 2 and no change from 2...
  4. Ordak

86 seats in 96

Will 86 seats bolt directly up to a 96 ranger? They are both Reg cabs but the ones from the 86 were refabed
  5. Ordak

99' Rangers (Problems?)

I am looking to buy a 1999 Ranger Super Cab, 3.0L v6, automatic, 4x4, 2 door. I was wondering if there are any common problems that i should look for. I know look for rotten spring hanger and other common ranger problems but any thing else I should look for in this specific model/year?
  6. Ordak

Voltage drop

I have 1996 Ranger with 2.3L engine and the volt gauge is steady when first started up and when running. If the truck goes back down to an idle after running the voltage gauge surges up and down or drops completely. I changed my alternator and it seems to be doing the same thing. I looked on...
  7. Ordak

Towing with 3.45 axle ratio

I know this has been done before but has anyone ever towed anything with 2.3L ranger with a 3.45 rear axle ratio? If so how was the experience? I thinking about hauling a zero turn mower with mine on a trailer(obviously) and wondering if this is feasible. There was one man when i looked up...
  8. Ordak

Leaf Springs

Do all leaf springs fit all rangers? Are they universal fit so to speak? I am looking at a 85 4wd ranger's leaf springs for a 96 2wd ranger. Thanks
  9. Ordak

Alternators

I have 96 2.3L ranger and i plan on running an amp and subwoofer off my stock alternator. I looked and i believe it is a 95 or 100 amp alternator. Do they make any alternators that produce more amps so my gauge will not be dancing to the beat of the stereo? I am getting a 400 watt amp and a...
  10. Ordak

Leaning Rangers

I have been driving around and i have noticed numerous rangers that lean to one side or the other(mostly driver's side). I too have this problem on my ranger and it is not broken springs. I think my problem is that my bed has too many spacers on the passenger's side. I am not sure if this a...
  11. Ordak

Low Oil Pressure

I have a 1996 Ford Ranger with the 2.3L 4-cylinder and it is reading now reading low oil pressure until it warms up for like 5-10 minutes. I looked around and could not find anything with a real solution. I did change my oil recently and used the correct oil(5w30). Is there a valve that opens...
  12. Ordak

Performance tunes

Has anyone used any type of chip or programmable tuners? I am curious about getting one for my 1996 2.3L 4-cylinder Ford Ranger. I have found one on ebay here is a link CLICK HERE I am curious because my brother has one on his 7.3L powerstroke, I knew they made them for diesel but i never heard...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad