• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Overheating I think

Thanks Thanks for the help and ideas. I put a gage in the upper radiator hose with a kit from Summit Racing and the temperature runs fine. I did not tap into any wires as I'm using a Scan Gauge II plugged into the computer port so it reads whatever is factory wired into that port. Max
  2. Overheating I think

Good point, I think the gauge is reading cylinder head temperature instead of water temperaure because it runs great and does not overheat.
  3. Overheating I think

It's name is "Scan Gauge". It plugs into the data port. I checked the temperature this AM on the scan gauge and it read 59 degrees at startup with an outside temperature of 49 degrees, then quickly rises. It changes too fast for water temperature. I've read my service manual and found that the...
  4. Overheating I think

I own a 2003 2.3 Ranger. Runs great, only has 42000 miles. All gauges normal. I hooked up my scan gauge and my water temperature is at 260. It has the yellow coolant and it is just below the minimum mark. The upper radiator hose and the heater hoses get hot which the service manual states means...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad