• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1up

Will not start

02” 3.0 gas. I recently installed a new fuel pump, and the engine will not start. It has spark and fuel pressure 60psi. I have replaced the fuel filter, drained the tank and added new fuel,disconnected the fuel line to the injectors and pumped out about 1 liter of fuel. I removed the 3 easy to...
  2. 1up

1 rear brake shoe dragging

I replaced the front and rear pads/shoes on my 2002 2wd 3.0 Ranger 10" brakes, the drivers side rear will start to rub/drag after a few days once the self adjuster has "adjusted" itself. 1st I noticed the noise when at slow speed, then I can smell the brake and feel the rim is warm to real warm...
  3. 1up

P304 problem

I have a miss and cannot figure it out. Currently I have a miss at idle, but cleans up once I apply some rpm, and seems to have good power, I get the P304 on my code reader. Engine is the 3.0 with the plastic intake manifold (no egr valve) 2002 Ranger XLT 196,000 miles It started with a P104...
  4. 1up

DIS pick-up,how deep????

I'm going to be running my DIS ignition on my 89 Ranger, I need to drill and tap the Merkur block to accept the pick-up, how deep can I go before I get into water or oil?? if I remember correctly one of the holes possibly gets into a water passage. same question for the locating pin. Thanks, Curt
  5. 1up

Turbo inspection

What should I check for in a used turbo??? I have a donor motor (86 Merkur T3/T4) and the owner told me I should rebuild the turbo, I've visually inspected it with out disassembling it and it spins, has no end play. In the dry state how freely should it spin? As stated this is still assembled...
  6. 1up

Coolant and oil lines

I'd really like to see some photo's of how everyone runs their coolant lines, I guess it could get a bit creative. Also I have a question about the turbo oil feed line. being the miser that I am, has anyone used the steel braided lines made for sink type plumbing?????? Just curious, my concerns...
  7. 1up

vane???

vam??? I'm getting the final parts together for my swap, I have the motor out of an 86? Merkur and it's going into my 89 Ranger, the motor is together, I'm piecing together all the electrical sensors on the engine exterior, I have a Pk-1 computer and a wiring harness out of a supposed Merkur...
  8. 1up

Oil Pan, Stamped to Cast swap

I asked this Question a While back. Now I have the Answer to post for everyone. I'm dropping a 86 Merkur Turbo engine into my 89 Ranger, I was concerned about the oil pan as the Ranger has the cast aluminum pan with the 2 bolt bosses for the transmission bell housing, what I was concerned about...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad