• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. shift kit

anyone know where i can get a good shift kit for my 92 exploder? im planning on rebuilding the trans myself and putting a shift kit in it
  2. tranny swap

I have a 92 exploder with the a4ld, and I was wondering if the 4r70w trans will bolt up to my motor?
  3. 92 exploder cat

i put a new cat in my exploder last month, it was a magnaflow direct fit and now every now and then i smell sulfur, like the cats bad already. anyone got any ideas what might cause this?
  4. known issues

i was wondering how many known issues are there with the first gen exploders?
  5. seats

did the 1st gen exploder ever come with a third row seat from the factory? or was it just the two front and the one rear?
  6. dome light

was wondering if anyone might know what would keep the dome light from comin on when the doors are open? i can turn it on with the headlight switch but wont come on when any of the doors are open
  7. 302 swap

Has anyone here swapped a 96+ 302 into the 1st gen exploder before? And if so, was it harder than the newer ones?
  8. exploder idle issues

i have a 92 exploder and last wed i pulled off the maf, throttle body, and iac and cleaned them all real good. ever since last thu the motor idles at 1100-1300 rpm. ive already checked for vacuum leaks and cant find any, anyone else got suggestions on where and what else to check?
  9. exploder tranny

i recently replaced the tranny in my 92 exploder and was wondering if anyone knows what causes the engine idle to raise 200+ rpm when shifting from park to reverse cause it did it with the old tranny too, just went up more rpms.
  10. transmission problem

we were driving on the highway yesterday and the transmission started leaking fluid and smoking behind the truck, and when i pulled over and was idling it was hemorrhaging from between the bell housing and the block, does this mean that the front pump seal is toast? or is it the converter gone bad?
  11. oil pan

can the oil pan be removed on the 92 exploder without pulling the engine? i was looking in my chiltons and it says to pull the motor first
  12. exploder performance

anyone know what the best programmer would be for the gen 1 exploders?
  13. tranny fluid

i have a 92 exploder 4 door auto with 165,000+ miles on it, would it be safe to change to mercon v in the transmission? and what would be the best programmer for it?
  14. front diff question

i have a 92 exploder with the twin traction beam front axle and was wondering if i can remove the driver side axle beam to look inside the diff and make sure nothings wrong with the gears? I also want to get in there and clean it out real good
  15. tranny fluid change

i just recently picked up a 92 exploder and am changing the tranny fluid soon, if i drain the torque converter do i have to put a couple of quarts in and then run the motor for a few seconds and then put the rest in, or can i just put it all in and start it?
  16. 2.3l engine swap

i have an 85 ranger xl with the 2.3l. my motor had over 240,000 miles on it and ended up needing a different motor so i got a hold of one that was the same, with the same options and everything. i got the motor in and ive gotten it to turn over, but it wont start. do i need all of the engine...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad