• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Steering Problem: Steering box or alignment?

My 93 ranger has developed a steering problem. It has trouble returning to centre after a turn. It has always had a small error coming back from a right hand turn, but since friday it is much worse and happens from turning either left or right. the wheel will come back within 15-20 degrees then...
  2. Parking brake pedal assembly

Will a parking brake pedal assembly from a 94 explorer work on a 93 ranger? I have pulled parking brake pedals from a 98 ranger, 91 explorer, 95 ranger, 90 explorer, all have been different and won't bolt up to my 93 ranger. thanks, cargs.
  3. 3.0 - 4.0 SOHC Swap Oil pan

Background: I am planning on swapping in a 4.0 SOHC in place of my 3.0L. i have found a 2005 SOHC motor for a good price and plan on doing a megasquirt controller with standalone EDIS-6 for ignition. Question: I am concerned with fitment of the SOHC oil pan as it was never offered in a RBV...
  4. 3.0L radiator upgrade - what fits?

I have a 93 with the 3.0L and 5spd. I need a new radiator, i was wondering what larger rads fit? there is not much info on different radiator swaps in the tech library. i was thinking that a explorer 5.0L rad would likely be the largest, but i'm not sure if it will fit in my core support...
  5. rock crawling game

is they any good rock crawling games for Xbox360 or PC? i'm looking for something with low range!
  6. stroker questions

I'm looking at picking up a 1996 explorer v8 AWD for a swap in my truck. the explorer has 280,000km on it, so the engine would likely be ready for a rebuild. For the cost of a rebuild and machine work to the block, i was thinking it may be more cost effective to pickup a stroker short block and...
  7. Safari Pacific MX2 Build

amazing work! i have a few ideas: - Bedliner (linex or similar) the box once fabrication is complete. It would look great inside the camper and seal up any small holes in the box. - Install an onboard welder in the engine compartment for trail repairs. - Bolt on one of those white nylon...
  8. explorer v8 swap question

I am investigating a 1996 explorer v8 swap into a 93 ranger. 1. I want to keep the truck with a manual transmission. I know my 3.0L m5od won't bolt up to the v8, what transmissions will? Can I use a m50d-r2 from an f150? 2. Will the v8's computer work with the manual transmission? Are there...
  9. winch bumper question

anyone know what brand of winch bumper this is? http://www.trsfabandoffroad.com/products/superlift_suspension.htm thanks.
  10. Slave Replacement... Again!

I changed out my slave cylinder about a year ago because it was leaking. i also changed the clutch at the same time. Now its leaking again! anyone know why i would have such a short failure? (other than they are made of plastic and a POS)
  11. Tire/Trans/Gear/Engine spreadsheet

i have made up a spreadsheet in excel that is useful in comparing gear sets,tire sizes, transmission ratios all in relation to engine RPM and final speed. its a work in progress but fun to play around with. where can i post it, so anyone can freely use it?
  12. 2007 8.8 axle code

i just got a 8.8 from a 2007 ranger 4x4 ext cab sport. the axle code reads: V318A 73 88 6H03 can anyone decipher it? i was told it had 3.73 gears. i checked the tech library but the codes don't match. thanks
  13. Thunking noise from heater hose

occasionally i get a thunking or thudding noise coming from the engine compartment. i though it was the abs system acting up because it seemed to only happen when i pressed the brake, but it happens without as well. the noise happens mostly when the engine is running, and occasionally when it...
  14. Bed Bolts: What size Torx?

Quick question: I have a 93 supercab. What size are the TORX bolts for the bed? thanks!
  15. MOD5-R1 Hard shifting.

I have a 93 ranger with a 3.0 and a M5OD-R1 transmission. 180,000 Km frequently i have a hard time shifting from 1st to 2nd under normal load. every other gear shifts fine. It has a new clutch and slave. The slave is not leaking and it goes into 1st and reverse with out a problem. I have...
  16. Power Vacuum Bleeding

I just thought of a weird way of bleeding your brakes. How about using you engine vacuum to bleed the brakes instead of a hand operated vacuum pump? you would still need to have a bottle in place to catch the fluid. Caliper Bleeder---> Vacuum Bottle/Reservoir---> Intake Manifold. So the...
  17. Camburg brake setup

i saw this pics on the camburg website. http://www.camburg.com/images/extremetrucks/ExtremeExplorer/Powdercoat/FrontPassBeam.jpg http://www.camburg.com/images/extremetrucks/ExtremeExplorer/Powdercoat/DriverSuspensionFront.jpg...
  18. 3.0L Timing

I was trying to check the base timing the other week but i couldn't find the SPOUT connector that you are suppose to disconnect. i looked all around the distributor and the drivers side wheel well. i couldn't find a blind connector with a plug in it... none of the wires seemed to match the...
  19. 3.0L ACCEL Fuel Injectors

Has anyone installed ACCEL fuel injectors before? http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=ACC-150-614 http://www.flatlanderracing.com/accelfuelinj-fordtruck.html They claim a 10-15Hp increase over stock, but i would doubt that on the 3.no I want to replace my injectors due to hard...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad