• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Knock/tick/tap/manifold leak...??

Ok, I'll probably overkill on the info, but here goes, and thanks in advance for anyone who reads long enough through my diatribe and responds! :) 1998, 2WD, 209K miles 3 weeks ago: My radiator blew a 'vapor' leak right at the hot water input. I caught it just as the temperature gauge...
  2. Ran, cut out, ran, cut out...then quit.

1998 Ranger 3.0L engine 189K miles Ok, here's one I've never encountered before in any vehicle. Truck has been running fine except that it threw a CEL for a cylinder 2 misfire 2 different times over the course of a week about 2 months ago (it ran fine, and didn't seem to be misfiring). It has...
  3. Low fuel pressure?

Hi folks, I like to provide as much information as possible (too much for some people), but in all fairness, if you skip to the questions I have at the end of this post, you can probably answer them as-is without context. Either way, I've covered the bases. Base info: 1998 Ranger XL, 3.0L...
  4. 2001 2.3L to 1998 3.0L parts exchange

Hi all, I've stripped the damage from my front clip, and I've secured some of the parts I need for the shop repairs, but I've run across some used parts I need at a great price (i.e. they'll sell very quickly). The problem is they're from a different size and year engine, and I'm not sure if...
  5. Very weird! Needs jumped, won't shut off once started, flashing int/ext lights

Hi all... Weird problem. 1998 Ranger Sport 6-cyl, 3.0 2WD, Auto 150K miles approx. Ok, prior to today, truck has run fine, battery seemed healthy at 2 years old, starter has always kicked through with vigor, and my gauges have given me no indication there is anything wrong with the charging...
  6. How much play in bearing

I was wondering how much rotational play is considered acceptable on the rear axle? I've got about 1/2 inch or so I can rotate my rear hub. Thanks.
  7. Shake, rattle, and ABS & Brake lights

Hi all, 1998 Ranger Sport 2WD, 3.0L Ok, I've rewritten this since I got the chance finally to look around, and discovered the issue with my brakes...rear drum brake assembly broke apart, though I'm not sure why. I initially reported a rattle in my front wheel well, some agressive ABS action...
  8. 1st gear/Drive issue?

1999 3.0 140K 4R44E (4-speed) I don't have direct access to the transmission in question, because I'm only considering a purchase of the truck above, but it seems like a good deal except for the ONLY issue the current owner says it has. It appears 1st gear doesn't work/engage if the lever is...
  9. 4R44E, No forward gears.

Hi all, Huge problem as my primary vehicle isn't moving. I'm pretty handy with the tools, and I'm a quick study, so any advice will be helpful. I'm hoping there might be something in what I describe that will help somebody identify the primary (possible) causes of what's described below...
  10. '96 2.3L stumbling badly during/off idle after fuel filter change

Ok, I've been having some issues with my truck this week. It seems to know when to know when I've set aside time for some professional studies. Anyway, a little history in case it's relevant. See signature and title for basic info. I've had a very slight off-idle hesitation after WOT is...
  11. Need help please! Shifting, limp mode, etc.

Hi all, 1996, 2.3L, Auto (A4LD?), 2wd, 190,000mi. No idea when, or IF my tranny filter has ever been changed, or if the tranny has ever been serviced. Forgive my lack of brevity... For the last few weeks, my transmission has been acting up a bit. At first it was some rough shifting into 2nd...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad