• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Compatability

Hi, I've got a '90 4.0L Ranger. The heads are cracked and I was considering just puting a new motor in it rather than fix the heads (high milage and 2 dead lifters also are a part of the problem.) I may end up doing a v8 conversion, but would prefer to stick with the six, because the trans is...
  2. 3 Dead Cylinders

I've got a '90 XLT with a 4.0L and an automatic. I recently replaced the head gaskets, push rods and rocker arms and installed a set of Hedman headers and y-pipe. This is not my first rodeo as I've rebuilt many engines (mostly V8 carbed motors.) Everything is torqued correctly and installed...
  3. 4.0 OHV valve train question

I have a '90 Ranger with 134K miles. It's a 4.0L, auto, which had lots of valvetrain noise. I was not concerned with this until the head gaskets went out on it. It's apart now and I'm looking for other potential problems, however, there is minimal wear on the valve train. There are two...
  4. Rough Idle

Hey, I've got a '90 Ranger XLT with a 4.0L and an auto trans. Everything works great on the truck except the engine. The 4.0L has plenty of power still but it just started smoking pretty bad. It has the famous tick in the valve train and I was planning on replacing the lifters, rockers and...
  5. Hydro-assist system

I've been doing a lot of research on hydrogen assist systems on diesels and have seen a little bit on gas motors. Most gas motors are carbed or OBD controlled. I was wondering if anyone has read, seen, or heard about hydro-assist systems in use on gas motors. I'm going to build my own cell...
  6. 4.0L headers

Hey, I've got a '90 Ranger with a 4L, automatic transmission, and is 2wd. I got the truck for free and it's in reasonably good condition. After changing the oil, cleaning the throttle body, and changing the spark plugs and wires, the truck runs excellent. My only concern is that the motor...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad