• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Plum Ranger XLT

Does Ford still have rights to the Mercury name?

I got to thinking this earlier today that does Ford still have rights to the Mercury name IF Ford decides to bring the Mercury nameplate back for vehicle production?
  2. Plum Ranger XLT

Was wondering if it is true

I saw a video on youtube that Ford is bringing the Ranchero nameplate back and still be built as the car/truck hybrid and was wondering if this is true or is it just a hoax?
  3. Plum Ranger XLT

2.3L ('02-'11) How long do they last?

As I'm typing this, my 2008 Ranger is 60 miles from hitting the 200,000 mile mark and I bought my Ranger new back in 2008. I have been good about keeping the oil changed every 4,000 to 5,000 miles and was wondering how long does the duratec 2.3L last if it is well maintained?
  4. Plum Ranger XLT

Back up lights

I don't know if this is the right section to put this in. I have been having an issue with my reverse lights not coming on and when they do, it is once in a while. I checked the fuse and it's good and put new bulbs in and still having an issue. So I am thinking it's the back up switch as...
  5. Plum Ranger XLT

2.3L ('02-'11) Water pump question

My 2008 Ranger is approaching 193,000 miles and I bought my Ranger new back in 2008 and it still has the original water pump on the engine and was wondering if the water pump on the duratec engines actually last that long or have I been extremely lucky that the water pump has lasted this long so...
  6. Plum Ranger XLT

Will it hurt my engine or not?

My 2008 Ranger 2.3L is recommended to run on 87 octane gas and have been wondering IF using 89 octane or maybe 93 octane gas for one full tank of gas will hurt it in any way? The engine has almost 189,000 miles on it.
  7. Plum Ranger XLT

I might take her on a trip.

I have been thinking about taking a five hour trip to Tennessee this week and all the local car rental places near me are out of rental vehicles and I didn't have time to get my Ranger in to a mechanic to have it thoroughly checked over and that is why that I wanted to rent a vehicle. Since I...
  8. Plum Ranger XLT

Is Motorcraft full synthetic 5W20 oil any good?

I bought my Ranger new back in 2008 and have been using the Motorcraft synthetic blend 5W20 oil since its first oil change. The Ranger currently has 147,000 miles on it and I have been good about keeping the oil changed about every 5,000 miles or so and have been thinking about switching to the...
  9. Plum Ranger XLT

LED headlights

I have been thinking about putting LED headlight bulbs in my 2008 Ranger for a couple months now and was wondering if anyone has done it to their Ranger and if so, what brand is suggested is best to use?
  10. Plum Ranger XLT

What railroad served the Twin Cities assembly plant?

I have been wondering what railroad served the Twin Cities assembly plant before Ford closed it? The window sticker for my Ranger says it was shipped by rail and been wondering this for awhile since I bought it new and obviously had to be unloaded to be shipped by truck to get to the dealership...
  11. Plum Ranger XLT

Any Mustang enthusiasts here?

I asked this on another web site but never got a real answer to what I was asking. I have been thinking about getting another Mustang after owning a 1987 LX Mustang and it is been 15 years since I got rid of it and don't know what I'm going to do with my Ranger IF I do get back into Mustangs. I...
  12. Plum Ranger XLT

How do these get removed?

The Ford emblem on the grille of my '08 has been slowly fading and would like to put a new one on and was wondering how to remove these two retaining clips that hold the emblem on the back side of the grille so I can remove the old one and install a new one?
  13. Plum Ranger XLT

Will I need to get this boot replaced?

I noticed this just a few minutes ago while checking the fluid levels in my Ranger and happened to look down at the boot on the steering shaft where it connects to the power steering rack and was wondering if I need to have this replaced or is it something I can ignore?
  14. Plum Ranger XLT

Are the holes already there?

I have been thinking about adding a rear sway bar to my 2008 Ranger XL because it didn't come with one from the factory and was wondering if there are holes already in the frame because I don't want to go through the hassle of drilling the holes?
  15. Plum Ranger XLT

Is my clutch going out?

During the last few days when I'm driving, I've been fighting with the transmission to put it in gear and it's with every gear. The clutch fluid reservoir is full and I'm pushing the clutch pedal all the way to the floor. I did change the transmission fluid about two years ago with Mercon V fluid.
  16. Plum Ranger XLT

Instrument cluster bulbs

Looks like I'm going to replace my bulbs for my instrument cluster for my 2008 Ranger as one is barely coming on. I saw a tech article on this site and it says its 194 bulbs. Are these the same for my 2008 as I rather not take everything apart just to check and put everything back together and...
  17. Plum Ranger XLT

What can I do?

I've been having this problem for a while that I get this film on the inside of my windshield and it's like I have fog on the windshield on the inside. I know it's not the heater core because I have no coolant smell inside the cab and I've tried everything to clean it off and when I do, it's...
  18. Plum Ranger XLT

Tailgate interchange?

Can a tailgate from a 1999 Ranger styleside bed fit my 2008 Ranger styleside bed? I rather not say why I need to do this.
  19. Plum Ranger XLT

Mirror on windshield

I need to replace the mirror on the windshield of my '08 Ranger and was wondering how it comes off the bracket on the windshield without removing the bracket?
  20. Plum Ranger XLT

Which one is correct?

I need to replace my air filter in my '08 2.3l and I've seen two different listings for the motorcraft filter. One was FA-1744 and the other was FA-1658. Which one is correct?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad