• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. twxsby

Houston

http://creeksideedge.com/
  2. twxsby

Houston Off Road Park

http://www.creeksideedge.com Just found out about this place.
  3. twxsby

Adding A/C

Anyone ever install one of those A/C kits to a Ranger that never had A/C? I found a kit for just under $1000, includes everything except freon. I have never worked on an a/c before, but I have replaced just about everything else on my truck. There is a guy here in town that will do it for...
  4. twxsby

94 Ranger w/ Duff stage 2 3" lift

beefy hardware off to the alignment shop this morning Thanks for the help TRS, and random strangers that took a minute to help out.
  5. twxsby

Side gear thrust washers

I have 2 thrust washers that are .030" thick, and I need them to be .023" thick, any ideas how to shave .007"? (I've been sanding them for about 30 min straight (180 grit), and I think they got thicker)
  6. twxsby

carrier bearings & Backlash

If I replace the carrier bearings, do I need to worry about changing the backlash?
  7. twxsby

Dana 35 axels

I have my axels out right now, and I was counting the splines, wondering if anyone with a Dana 35 had the same situation. The driver side axel has 27 splines, the shaft that goes into the diff and the shaft that turns the hub. The passenger side has 27 splines on the hub side, but the shaft...
  8. twxsby

coolant overflow hose leak

I leak coolant at the overflow reservoir, at the top where the hose enters. It spins and is loose. Is this replaceable, or do I need a whole new reservoir?
  9. twxsby

Bent Radius arm?

Alignment shop says radius arm is bent, need new one (pulls to the right, chewing up my bran new BFG MT's). The gap between the Right Front tire and the bottom rear qtr panel is about 1" different (closer) than the left front. I am original owner, never wrecked, but maybe banged it up off...
  10. twxsby

Aftermarket Headlights

You know those blue tinted headlights that claim to be brighter, don't buy them, and if you have them, change back. I bought a pair of these thinking it would brighten my world. After about 6 months, I started having intermittent problems wiht my headlights. I changed the switch, even bought...
  11. twxsby

Where's the beer?

Where do you put your beverage of choice when your working on your truck, or camping/tailgating (besides between your legs). (maybe this should've been posted in the "drunk thread"):beer:
  12. twxsby

28 or 35

I have a 28 spline, on a Dana 35. I made an ass out of myself (assumed) that 28 spline meant Dana 28, and 35 spline meant Dana 35. I learned that is not the case. I'm sure nobody has ever made that same assumption:idiot:
  13. twxsby

Houston (Cypress)

Checking in from Cypress. Howdy!
  14. twxsby

Sticky Calipers??

I just put in new bearings, (packed the timkens with high temp grease) tightened inner nut to 30 ft lbs, spun them back and forth, then backed off 1/4 turn to where the tit locked into the holy washer (seemed a bit loose, but no play) (book says 16 in lbs, how does one measure 1/12 of a ft lb)...
  15. twxsby

Re-Registered

TRS must delete users after a certain amount time goes by with no activity, because this is the 3rd time I've had to register in the last 10 or so years. Why is that?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad