• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rabbit

Rabbit's 88 B2

This is my '88 Bronco II. The mods include 4.0l upgrade, Gen 2 dash, 4" Rough Country lift, custom front and rear bumpers, 8000# winch with custom dash mounted controls, 33x12.50 TSL T-birds (hey I got a deal), custom roof rack, custom snorkel, and Lincoln locked rear end. By custom I mean home...
  2. Rabbit

Rabbit's '88 B2

This is more or less going to show my build from the beginning to its current stage. It's a little long so please be patient and enjoy. I'm going to start with mostly pics and edit the post with more details over time. So here I go... The first pics I got of it are after I stripped and primed...
  3. Rabbit

Dana 28 welded

If I weld the spiders (Lincoln Lock) my Dana 28 front, should I expect any issues when turning with the t-case in 2wd and the manual hubs unlocked? I know that welding the gears prevents the spiders from rotating at different speeds which can cause issues with steering but if I unlock the hubs...
  4. Rabbit

Jumprope for Heart

Hey guys, I'm trying to help my daughter know how wonderful it is to help others in need and this is such an awesome cause. Below is her very own webpage, if you can please help her in jump rope for heart.... this sure beats having to go door to door! If you'd like to donate you can do so at...
  5. Rabbit

Starter Question...HELP

I just rebuilt the 4.0 for the B2. When I hit the starter it lunges out but doesn't turn the engine. I took it out and jumped it while on the ground. It lunges out and spins. Could it be that the stater is just too weak to turn the engine? I can turn the crank by hand with a ratchet. Please give...
  6. Rabbit

4.0 swap Rear ABS wiring

I just swapped the engine tranny and dash from a 94 Ex into my 88 B2. What do i do with the wiring going to the rear ABS module behind the driver seat? There are 2 plugs that remain under the dash from the ABS system. Will the Chilton's manual show this?
  7. Rabbit

Generic tranny question

Anyone have any thoughts on what might cause a vehicle to feel as if something is holding it back through acceleration until it hits o/d. BTW...auto tranny. From a dead stop I hit the accel and not much happens. It'll go to around 4000 RPM before shift and feels like something is literally...
  8. Rabbit

88 B2 a4ld to 94 EX a4ld

I recently did the 2.9 to 4.0 swap. I got the engine and tranny from the 94 donor and I'm using the t-case from the B2. I got down to connecting the shifting stuff and realized that the B2 shift linkage won't connect to the EX tranny due to the B2 using linkage and the Ex using a cable shift...
  9. Rabbit

My '88 BII

Here are a few shots of the BII in its current state. All stock except for the custom bumpers and a 2" custom suspension boost. I have a 4.0 just dying to go in when I get the time.:clapping: Also still working on getting tires and more lift.
  10. Rabbit

Shift Solenoid

Where can I find the 3-4 shift solenoid in my 88 B2 4x4 2.9?
  11. Rabbit

speed sensor

Where the heck did they mount the speed sensor in the 88 b2 2.9?:dntknw:
  12. Rabbit

Suddenly no O/D

One more problem...for starters, the specifics...'88 b2, 4x4, 2.9v6, a4ld. I recently replaced the torque converter and tcc lock up solenoid and everything has been good for about 4 months now. A couple days ago I hit the road and suddenly it decided it didn't want to shift past 3rd gear. I got...
  13. Rabbit

HELP! Fuel/Electrical problem.

I'm hoping someone here has dealt with this issue before. Ok, for starters, the basics: '88 B2, 2.9l, A4LD auto, 4x4. I have recently replaced the following in response to the problem: Fuel pumps, filter, and fuel control relay. Now for the problem: the damn thing will run just fine for a few...
  14. Rabbit

A4LD swap

I want to do a 4.0L swap in my '88 B2 4x4 and I know I need to use the updated A4LD tranny from the donor. My ?? is can I use a tranny from a 2wd donor and marry it to the tail section from my existing 4wd A4LD, or do I need to find a donor with a 4wd tranny?
  15. Rabbit

Camber bushing adjustment?

I have an '88 B2 4x4. I need to adjust the camber in the front end so I looked to the tech library for instructions. Though it was helpful it only described the camber bushing on an '83. My '88 has a slightly different bushing (1 piece) and i can't get it to budge. Any ideas?
  16. Rabbit

a4ld - engine stalls when put in gear

No matter what gear I put it into, the engine stops as if I just turned the key off. There was no early warning. I was driving and all of a sudden at a red light it stalled. I threw it into N and re-started it and it stalled again as soon as I put it in gear. Any suggestions? :dunno:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad