• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Finally found the 2000-3000 RPM power loss

So I finally found the cause of the power loss I'd posted about and thought I'd post the solution. Symptom- 92 Ranger 3.0, OBD1. The truck would act like it dropped cylinders right at 2000 rpm and they would kick in around 3000. Before it got this bad, it would buck and jump under a load going...
  2. Sluggish from 2k-3k RPM

92 3.0 5spd. Engine is a '07 long block with the 92 bolt on, tin and electronics. Long block has ~125k on it. Runs great under no load. When driving, it often falls flat around 2k rpm and then it's like you added a cylinder or two as it hits around 3k. Pulls hard up to 2k falls flat, then...
  3. Fuel pressure issue

Maybe I have finally found the source of my '92 3.0 struggling under load. Truck starts and idles fine as well as rev with no load. On the road, it feels sluggish on takeoff or climbing hills and often feels like there is a miss/extra cylinder kicking in. It does feel better sometimes, but...
  4. Brake pedal vibrating at a stop

2000 3.0 Ext cab, 2wd Auto with 148k miles, 2 wheel ABS only. When you come to a gentle stop, quite often the pedal vibrates and there is a clicking in the dash, ie. the ABS seems to kick in, but the vibrations are not as hard as if ABS fully kicked in. The vibration happens for a few seconds...
  5. 1st and 2nd gen taillights

Was about to order some new taillights for my '92 and noticed 91-92 has different part#'s for 83-90 and 91-92 with the earlier being 1/2 the cost and at least visually identical in product photos. Anyone know the difference? Looks like either should fit and I'm replacing both, so they will...
  6. LED options for 93 and up fog light valence

I'm planning to put a 93 fog light valence on my '92. While I can get aftermarket factory style lights, has anyone found an LED that will work with a little effort/engineering? I also don't want to blind anyone....
  7. Adapting wheels to the ranger

I have found a couple sets of wheels for a great price that I think would look good on my '92 2wd, but all would need adapting. Has anyone done any of the following successfully to the large hub rangers? I know a number of folks have adapted FWD wheels and spacers would be required. 2006...
  8. Teardrop rims on gen1/gen2

Anyone have pictures of explorer/mountaineer/later ranger teardrop style wheels on a 03-92, esp 2wd. Thinking about a set for my 92 that I'm rebuilding and curious what they would really look like on that body style.
  9. 2” drop and pinion angle

I’m in the middle of installing a belltech 901nd 2/2 drop kin in my ‘92. It uses drop hangers and new front coils. Do I need to worry about or adjust the pinion angle?
  10. AC compressor won't disengage

So I have an interesting issue. After all the help a few weeks ago getting my AC back together and working, I've been enjoying cold air. Unfortunately, I've discovered an issue. The AC compressor/clutch stays engaged even when the dash controls are off. It kicks in as soon as the truck...
  11. Help converting ‘92 to R134

I have rebuilt my ac system and am converting to R134. The low side adapter works fine, but the new high side hose has a male M10 port. What do I need to do to to adapt this to the 134 gauges so I can vacuum and fill this thing?
  12. Sway bar?

How much does a rear sway bar help these trucks?
  13. Paint type question

For those in the know, which is the better option- Acrylic Enamel with clear, or Urethane single stage? Primarily concerned with color retention (dark red/maroon) and ease for a novice to spray.
  14. Likely another bad exhaust seat

So a few months ago, I dropped an 07 Taurus engine in my '92. I did head gaskets and such while it was out. The original '92 had 260k relatively trouble free miles until it overheated and blew a head gasket while someone else was using it. This engine has always had what feels like a miss...
  15. BellTech 2" drop kit for a '92

I have a Belltech 2" kit for my '92. The back springs are essentially flat and are the 2/1 leaf 1100lb springs. I would really like to upgrade the load handling with what I can locate at the salvage yard. I know Explorer springs will fit and likely give a couple inch lift over stock. Are...
  16. Factory ride height '92 2wd

Anyone know what the factory ride height spec is on a '92 2wd?
  17. Still chasing the source of a shake/misfire

'92 Ranger 3.0 with the long block from an 07 Taurus. Changed headgaskets in the swap and used my fuel/intakes/electronics/accessories. Previous engine did not have this issue. It as a rhythmic shake that is very noticeable from off idle to 1800 or so then isn't so noticeable. More pronounced...
  18. Shaking 3.0 and wonky idle

Need help here because I'm stumped. Short version- My original '92 3.0 overheated at 260k miles. Instead of fixing, I got a salvage yard 01 from a taurus and converted it over. After 4k trouble free miles, something came loose inside it and I ended up pulling it. Replaced it with a 07 Taurus...
  19. LMC Tailgate repair kit

Anyone used the LMC Tailgate rebuild kit for a 1st/2nd gen truck? Mine hasn't worked in years and that looks like a solid option as I do my rebuild.
  20. Rear bumper interchange

After searching for a while, it looks like rear bumpers on Rangers are fairly interchangeable. Can someone confirm this? I have a '92 that needs a new rear bumper, anyone have any pics of a 1st or 2nd Gen with a later bumper?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad