• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Converting Merc. Mountaineer 98 5.0 to 20g cell/inline pump

So I'm start to get into some more major mods these days on my 98 Mounty and I've been hanging on to this badass 20 or 25gallon aluminum fuel cell I got awhile back and also have this super nice rail mounted inline pump... I already have a switch panel made up and installed and I always planned...
  2. TTB DANA 50 knckles???

I've read on pirate and a few other sites guys saying that te knuckles on a Dana 50 TTB front end are the same as a front Dana 60.... Anybody here have any real world experience with this and can tell me either way??? Cause I can get a whole TTB 50 front right now for free.... Thanx guys!
  3. Brakes completely locked up!!!

Please help brakes wont release! First let me start by saying I have a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer with the 5.0L V8 with the 5R55W trans, and 8.8rear with 3.73gears an LSD, and ABS... My problem happen when I was just driving along earlier today and the next thing I know i feel pressure in the...
  4. Tranny Problem NEED BEARING PART # ASAP!!!

So I recently bought a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer, its a 2wd model with the 5.0L engine... All in all I got an amazing deal on the rig, But I had a pretty narly "clacking" noise coming from underneath, originally I was convinced I had a bad u-joint in my driveline but both are perfect and were...
  5. How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

SO i just got done with swapping a dana 70b in the rear of my 98 ranger, I got sick of blowing shafts and eating up the outer wheel bearings with the shaft! Not to mention im driving a virtually stock truck and have also spun an axle tube so it was time for more beef!!!! It came in the form of...
  6. 1tons in a 98

Just started the swap yesterday, doing the rear first. I sourced up a dana 70b with 4.11s for $50 in my area got it home cleaned it, and got right to work. Had to remove the perches and move them in to fit the right spring wdth. . . I still have to run the BOM but my 70 is 65wms which ended up...
  7. Dually Dana 70hd in 98 ranger???

Discuss. . . It will be a 50/50 rig half trail half street. . . Running 36s to start eventually 39s. Should i just cut down a 60 and run it? i like the idea of fullwidth with stock h1 rims, the only thing im really worried about it have the front be narrower then the rear and suffering...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad