• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JFA_Spyderman

Ranger Winch Bumpers

Yo, I just found a guy over on Pirate4x4 who is fabbing winch bumpers for gen 2, 3, and if you do some modding gen 4/5. I ordered one from him and when it arrives ill post some pics. Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone who might be interested...
  2. JFA_Spyderman

Skyjacker/Superlift interference

Yo, Installing my class 2 skyjacker brackets and found that the superrunnner steering, and the idle arm bracket is interfearing with the small bracket that goes on the front of the engine crossmember. Any ideas? Thanks!
  3. JFA_Spyderman

Explorer 8.8 Fluid Capacity

Yo, Working on the explorer 8.8 swap in my truck the other night and was wondering if anyone knew the stock fluid capacity? So far we have put in a gallon and it is not coming out the hole. Seemed like a little much, but it is the explorer 8.8 and maybe it has a larger capacity than the ranger...
  4. JFA_Spyderman

TRS Coast to Coast Banner tour

Yo, Here is the original thread. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74744 And here is the current thread http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=708570 What do you guys think about putting something together for our state/region? I know it is still pretty...
  5. JFA_Spyderman

Tahuya Wheeling August 29th

Yo, A buddy and I are going to try wheeling at Tahuya August 29th, if anyone is interested in going, you are welcome to join us. We will be at the safeway at 9. So far it looks like 2 rangers and maybe a toyota.
  6. JFA_Spyderman

79 E-350 power steering

Yo, I got a 79 E-350 box truck with the 460, and the power steering v-belt squeals badly. After about a minute, the belt is too hot to touch. The belt is tight (about 1/2" deflection). I just replaced both the power steering pump, and the gearbox, bled the system acording to the instructions...
  7. JFA_Spyderman

Weird Transmission (I think) Sound

Yo, On my 94', 2.3l, 5spd, whenever I am coasting down in gear, there is what i call a "whirring" sound. If I take it out of gear, the noise goes away. But I don't think it is the engine, the noise doesn't sound like it is that far forward. If i give it a little gas so my RPMs are matching the...
  8. JFA_Spyderman

1999 F-550 clutch problem

Yo, I've got a 1999 F-550 with the 7.3l, and when ever i push the clutch in, the first half of the stroke feels fine, but then it just gives way to the floor. Not like a spongy push to the floor, but a fall without resistance to the floor. I was leaning towards the master cylinder but wanted to...
  9. JFA_Spyderman

Rear shock mounting

Yo, When I searched for rear shock locations, all I came up with had to do with hoops and holes in the bed. My rear end is going to have an explorer 8.8 with the chevy spring swap, 2" shackles, and no body lift. What would be the best way to mount them without cutting into the bed to maximize...
  10. JFA_Spyderman

It's good to be back

Sorry I've been gone for a couple weeks. Went out and took the plunge. Thank goodness I have all the parts for the truck, now its just finding the time to put it together. :D The truck will be on the back burner for a while.
  11. JFA_Spyderman

The Bike

Yo, I just washed the bike and thought I would snap a few pics. Enjoy!
  12. JFA_Spyderman

Key wont work

Yo, The other day, i went to start my truck, and my ignition key wouldnt turn. I pull the key out, turn it over, and it takes more effort than usual, but it turns and starts. My spare set of keys i keep at home dont work at all. I am getting the feeling either my key or the ignition is wearing...
  13. JFA_Spyderman

2002 Hyundai Accent wont start

Yo, The car is an 2002 Hyundai Accent, 1.5l, 5-spd. A great little car, gets around 37MPG. Anyway, I got back from a 5 day trip and the car would turn over, but not start. So i took a chance because i was far from home, and I rolled it down a hill and compression started it. It started so i...
  14. JFA_Spyderman

jeep xj front dana 30 swap?

Yo, IIRC, the newer rangers (98+??) used a rack and pinion steering setup as opposed to a traditional steering gearbox.
  15. JFA_Spyderman

Yo, There is deffinatley something to be said for doing it right the first time. If you have an end goal in mind, then go for it. But you don't want to dump a bunch of money into something that you are gonna replace in a few months anyway.
  16. JFA_Spyderman

Yo, Its been talked about quite a bit. It really depends on the plans for your truck. Anything over 33" tires and the D30 starts breaking things. This here will get you started...
  17. JFA_Spyderman

K-link steering

Yo, I just got my superlift superrunner steering system the other day. However, i thought it was going to come with the approiate pitman arm but the kit doesn't. My question is; does anyone know which pitman arms are compatible with the kit? I know the superlift one is, but i was curious if...
  18. JFA_Spyderman

Made in the USA

Yo, I stumbled upon a couple websites that are directories of companies where their products are still manufactured here in the US. I thought I would post them for anyone who is interested. Enjoy! http://www.madeinusa.com/ http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/ http://www.usstuff.com/
  19. JFA_Spyderman

Magazine article

Yo, I was reading the March 08' issue of petersens and saw a article about axles you should not get at the junk yard. They mention both the Dana 28 and 35 as axles to avoid. The thing that gets me though is that they do not describe the axle accuratley. Here is what they say about it. Now I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad