• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bronco II - no electric power after starter change

My nephew has a Bronco II, 2.9 that he did a clutch and slave cylinder on. His first time to do anything like this. He finished up and took it around the block where it died and would not start. Pushed it back home. Thought the battery died and took it to the 'zone. Battery was good and they...
  2. Removing the converter, 97 2.3

If you remove the converter for 'off ' road use, do have to keep both O2 sensors in the loop? I am sure you must have the front sensor installed but what about the rear?? Just wondering
  3. 97 2.3, 44R is dieing quickly

Truck has 221000 miles. Has driven fine since I've had it (appx 3 years, 30,000 miles) other than I stripped out the parking pawl a couple of years ago. Tranny won't hold even on a slight hill without the parking brake with a load of dirt. Just this week there is no reverse. No forward gears...
  4. Parking Pawl Repair??

I stripped out the parking pawl when I parked on my slightly uphill driveway with a load of top soil on board. Tranny hasn't seen park since. How hard is it to fix/repair?? Thanks for any insight!!
  5. 97, 2.3 with a 'hard' idle

I inherited my dad's ranger with appx 190,000 on it. I have tuned it, cleaned everything that I can clean, and done the timing belt. Idle speed is in line. Motor mounts are at least not broken (no engine lift/noise etc). It idles so rough that the dash and sterring wheel vibrates. Can the motor...
  6. 97 2.3 auto park brake pawl

I stripped mine out last summer when I rolled a load of top soil up the driveway. Put it in park and it almost rolled over me as I got out. It hasn't been in 'Park' since. Have to stop in reverse and start in nuetral. Finally saw a blow-up of the parking pawl on the internet. Has anyone ever...
  7. 97, 2.3 with a 'hard' idle

I inherited my dad's ranger with appx 190,000 on it. I have tuned it, cleaned everything that I can clean, and done the timing belt. Idle speed is in line. Motor mounts are at least not broken (no engine lift/noise etc). It idles so rough that the dash and sterring wheel vibrates. Can the motor...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad