• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2001 Mercury Mountaineer

Hello, it's been awhile since I've been on here. I sold my Ranger and have been mad at myself ever since! I am looking at this above mentioned Mountaineer. It is for sale for $5,200 and has 107,000 miles. It seems in good shape, but I haven't seen it yet. What are some things to look at? What...
  2. Auto vs. Manual

I am thinking about getting another Ranger. I once had a '94 with 4cyl, 5spd. Great little truck, but had to sell it. This time I am looking at something from 99-03. I can't decide if I want a manual or auto. Which is better? I won't be doing any heavy hauling and at best I might someday pull a...
  3. 2000 Ranger

I found a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 with 134,000 miles. I haven't called on it yet so I don't know if it's a 4 or 6, auto or manual. What do you think?
  4. 2002 Ranger???

I know there used to be another place for this question, but I have been off away for several months and I can't find it. Please forgive me. I found a 2002 Ranger step side for sale for $6,000 and it has 129,000 miles with a 4.0 and 5spd automatic. It's 4x4 as well. Anything to be concerned...
  5. Buying A Newer Ranger??

I am contemplating getting a newer Ranger. Maybe something 1998-2001. Might even break down and get a 4x4..........maybe......... What has been found to be the most fuel efficient in these years? I would probably also go with an automatic this time. I am thinking a V6 might be better with an...
  6. Idle Speed

So, I now have a working A/C in my '94 with 2.3/5spd. When I trust the truck to drive it, anyway. It seems to me that turning on the A/C should increase the engine idle? Sitting still in a parking lot I can hardly turn the steering wheel unless I give it more gas. Is there a way to adjust the...
  7. No Fuel, What Else To Check?

My '94 with 4cyl, 5spd wouldn't start yesterday. Less than a month ago it did this to me and I put a new fuel pump in it. That seemed to fix it, but a day later the fuel pump would come on intermittently. So, I replaced the relay and that seemed to fix it, till yesterday. I did find that I could...
  8. Cheap Tester??

The air doesn't work on my '94. It hasn't since I got it and I knew that it didn't. I was trading the guy my '67 Dodge D200 so you can't be too picky. Now that it is very muggy I would like to have some A/C. What I'm wondering is: is there a cheap way to test it? I know the compressor works...
  9. Unsafe??

I have a '94 with 4cyl, 5spd, 2wd. I am thinking about buying a small fold down camper to restore. It is an old one and weighs 700 pounds with a tongue weight of 75 pounds. This is what the old ad from 1962 says, anyway. This just came up so I haven't really had time to prepare and all I have is...
  10. Trailer Wiring

Where and how do I properly splice into the wiring on my 1994 for trailer lights? Do they make a splice that will do that cleanly without a chance for corrosion? Thanks,Scott
  11. Transmission Overhaul

I think I've narrowed my transmission issues down to: Shift Rail Plugs, Input Shaft Seal, and maybe Input Shaft Bearings? Not sure about the last one. It shifts fine and smooth, but I get a high pitched whining noise in all gears but 4th. I've had limited experience with transmissions. I worked...
  12. New Leak

I have a 1994 with 4cyl,5spd and 136,000 miles. It has always leaked a little engine oil and a little transmission fluid. This weekend I replaced the shifter bushings and it shifts much better now. While I was at it I thought I would check the shift rail bushings as I hear they leak. It seemed...
  13. Radio Years??

You'll laugh, I know, but it's just me. I've been wanting to put a stock radio in my 1994 Ranger (AM/FM Cassette). I found one for a 1996 Bronco. What I want to know is are they the same? Will it just fit right in? Thanks,Scott
  14. New Exhaust or Not?

I've been driving my '94 with 4cyl/5spd for awhile now....since October. It has 135,000 miles on it and is a 2wd with extended cab. I drive 28 miles round trip on the highway during the week and it's somewhat hilly. I can only seem to manage as high as 21mpg and as low as 16mpg. Is this normal...
  15. How Much Camper?

I have a 1994 XLT, extended cab, 4cyl, 5spd, 2wd with 134,000 miles on it. What I'm wondering is: how much camper can I pull with it? I'm hoping for a small Fold Down camper. I've read the owner's manual, but it is confusing and the tag on the door is painted over so I'm at a loss. I wouldn't be...
  16. Best Gearing?

I was curious as to what rear end gearing I have so I looked under the truck and found a tag that said '373'......among other numbers. I would assume 3.73, then. Is that good? I have a '94 with 2.3/5spd, extended cab, 2wd.
  17. Crazy Transmission Idea

This may seem a bit 'back-woods', but that's me.....sometimes. :D The manual transmission on my '94 leaks. Is there any fix for it? Until then, in order to save having to climb under the truck and borrow someone's syringe to push fluid in the Fill Hole, I came up with an idea. I thought about...
  18. Overtaxed?

Not political. I live in Iowa so we get snow. This weekend I put 3 sand tubes @ 70# each in the back of my '94 Ranger extended cab 2wd 2.3/5spd. On the highway this morning it acted like it was all it could do to get up the hills in 3rd.....with my foot completely on the floor! Is this normal...
  19. 14" Tires Or....................??

I'm having some trouble finding any decent P225/70/R14 tires for my '94 Ranger XLT 2wd, 4cyl, 5spd. What other sizes can I go with? Any 15's work? Thanks,Scott
  20. Timing??

How do you set the timing on '94 2.3? Can you? Maybe it isn't possible anymore. I see timing marks, but I know this has coil packs, so......

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad